Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I would say no to the Montreal trade. And the reason is, I don't think there will be a game changing defenseman available at #5 that is worth a proven commodity like Kyrou.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Putting Petro in the same category as Hedman and Doughty brings into question your entire post.

I would take the other two over Petro everyday and twice on sunday, but that was not what my post was about
those three have all won multiple cups as the clear top defenseman on their team
three out of all the defensemen drafted top ten over a ten year period
and only a hand full of other top ten drafted defensemen were even better than decent, and Petro is clearly better than any of those other players

my point was you don’t trade a player of Kyrou’s caliber for a hope, a maybe, a “so you’re saying there’s a chance”
a player on an expiring contract, sure, but not a known quantity especially one that is locked up on what will be a team friendly contract long term
NFL teams ruin their teams every single year because they over draft qb’s
Dan Marino was the 6th qb taken in his draft, and that was with all the scouts watching those qbs play as college players, in the NHL they are looking at a 18 year old kid
if I sold my nice middle class house and bought lottery tickets so I could buy myself a mansion, people would (rightfully) think I was off my rocker

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I doubt Army would trade Kyrou for a prospect that is several years away from contributing. I’m getting the feeling Army is about to make some trades that help this current team get in the playoffs next year. Don’t be surprised to our picks moved this year.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I would just say with the amusingly risk-averse discussion of keeping Kyrou instead of the 5th pick that we probably are getting the hockey product we deserve

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
If Montreal needs forward fire power and we need D, why not make a trade for one of their D prospects who has some seasoning. Then they can restock whoever they lose via the draft and we get a guy closer to competing with less risk?
They have an abundance of D prospects that are NHL ready and are less of an unknown commodity vs. trading for pick #5 and drafting a 17-18 year old kid. Kaiden Guhle? Yes please. My only concern is they have seller's remorse from dealing Sergachev and won't want to repeat history dealing Guhle.

Buffalo is another team that is heavy on young D that I would be picking up the phone and calling. The Byram trade is confusing considering the young D talent already on their roster.

Watching these playoffs has me wanting to see the Blues back in the playoffs ASAP. Need pre-cup Army to show up this offseason.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
At least we're good on goaltending for the foreseeable future.

Binny and Hofer are as good a tandem as we've had in a long time.

I will always love how Binny has the ability to make entire fan bases cry.

He had the Avs fans like this a while back --‐--> :cry:

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
A player like Dickinson is likely a NHL player in his age 19 or 20 season. It's not like we'd be drafting a player we aren't seeing for 4ish years.

I'd absolutely trade Kyrou for Dickinson straight up. And I like Kyrou a lot, and I think he gets scapegoated too often by our fanbase. But we don't have a young defenseman like Dickinson and we don't have access to a young defenseman like him. If trading a winger gets us that prospect who has the potential to be a pillar on defense, you pull the trigger IMO. We have proven to be very good at scouting wingers. Or trading Snuggy. If that gets us someone like Guhle or Byram, do it and don't look back.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I'd absolutely trade Kyrou for Dickinson straight up. And I like Kyrou a lot, and I think he gets scapegoated too often by our fanbase. But we don't have a young defenseman like Dickinson and we don't have access to a young defenseman like him. If trading a winger gets us that prospect who has the potential to be a pillar on defense, you pull the trigger IMO. We have proven to be very good at scouting wingers. Or trading Snuggy. If that gets us someone like Guhle or Byram, do it and don't look back.

Dream offseason
Overhaul coaching staff
Trade Kyrou for D and futures
Trade Snuggy and 1st for Clayton Keller
Extend Buchnevich
Find a competent 2C in UFA
Fill out the bottom 6 with identity players

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Dream offseason
Overhaul coaching staff
Extend Buchnevich

I have a feeling Army is going to be active

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Dream offseason
Overhaul coaching staff
Extend Buchnevich

I would love Keller but not for Snuggy and a 1st.
If anyone suggests anyone from Toronto, the answer is almost certainly no. Not after that "performance" the Leafs put up tonight.

Absolutely agree, Toronto and nearly everything from Toronto is cancer.

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Reported for trolling.
Nope! The defense is fixed.

Perunovich becomes our Cale Makar.
Parayko wins a Norris.

Leddy and Faulk prove to be a solid 2nd pair on a cup contender

Krug-Kessel becomes the souped up version of the Russell-Polak pair from the Hitch years (and we all know how well they did during that Kings series in either 12 or 13).

Defense is fixed.

And I may or may not have had some green.:lol:

• Haha
Reactions: The Electrician

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
That just looks like a recipe for disaster, because that first pairing shifts all the defensive responsibility on Parayko. Which, I'd be fine if he did less jumping up into the play because he doesn't do a hell of a lot with it when he does, but that's putting the 1D yoke on his shoulders and we all know he's not that.

Plus, he seems to have clicked with Leddy and I really don't want to break that up since we're finally getting mostly solid play from him as a result.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I actually like that D if it had a legit 1LD.

In all seriousness, maybe we're stuck with Krug, may as well put him in a spot where we can get the most out of him, 3LD.

Again, he could do what Kris Russell did for us many moons ago from a similar position.

We really need a 1LD...badly.

Too bad we can't go back in time and get prime Pronger. :laugh:

Reactions: Mike Liut

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
In all seriousness, maybe we're stuck with Krug, may as well put him in a spot where we can get the most out of him, 3LD.

Again, he could do what Kris Russell did for us many moons ago from a similar position.

We really need a 1LD...badly.

Too bad we can't go back in time and get prime Pronger. :laugh:
I'm really hoping Krug is secretly a huge fan of skiing and considers Utah ski resorts among his favorites and would waive his NTC to go to a Utah team that doesn't have a single defenseman signed right now for next season, and we take home something out of their stockpiled draft picks.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
I'm really hoping Krug is secretly a huge fan of skiing and considers Utah ski resorts among his favorites and would waive his NTC to go to a Utah team that doesn't have a single defenseman signed right now for next season, and we take home something out of their stockpiled draft picks.
The no-trade says Arizona Coyotes on it, but he's going to Utah. Checkmate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad