Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The absolute last thing the Blues should be doing is trading a bundle of futures for an overrated winger, of all things.

He’d be a 45g 90 pt player on Thomas’ wing and add much needed grit and toughness to this really soft team

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I wouldn’t call Brady just another winger. He’d be the best player on the team
We need centers and defense before wingers. Idc if Brady would be the best winger on the team. He is not what we need. We need to use the assets we have to get the players we need.

You have 75 bucks in your account and you have no food in the fridge and you have 1/8th of a tank but you have 3 games you have yet to play and a game you want just dropped and it costs 74.56 after tax.

You can buy Gas and Food, which you need, or you can buy that video game. Which are you picking?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
We need centers and defense before wingers. Idc if Brady would be the best winger on the team. He is not what we need. We need to use the assets we have to get the players we need.

You have 75 bucks in your account and you have no food in the fridge and you have 1/8th of a tank but you have 3 games you have yet to play and a game you want just dropped and it costs 74.56 after tax.

You can buy Gas and Food, which you need, or you can buy that video game. Which are you picking?

I get it, but it doesn’t all have to be addressed in one off season. We aren’t building for the cup in 2025. BT would be a huge piece of the core when this window opens in 2026. Dvo and Snugs will be ready by then too. That starts the window.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I get it, but it doesn’t all have to be addressed in one off season. We aren’t building for the cup in 2025. BT would be a huge piece of the core when this window opens in 2026. Dvo and Snugs will be ready by then too. That starts the window.
And Brady's contract ends in 27-28 so we sell the farm for 2 years of Brady's current contract and then get taken behind the woodshed on his next contract.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
And Brady's contract ends in 27-28 so we sell the farm for 2 years of Brady's current contract and then get taken behind the woodshed on his next contract.

I thought he was in year 2 of a 7 year deal? If not, then yes, this changes my thought.

Edit, just looked it up. He has 3 years left. Not ideal for that big package. I mistakenly thought he had 5 years left. I’m rescinding my offer. Sorry to waste your alls time.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Not a fair comparison. As we need "a" winger but no one needs a game. Not saying I would want the trade but I just think that comparison was dumb.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He’s not putting up those numbers with Tim Stutzle as his center so why would it be different with RT?
So at 24 years old, we know for sure he has hit his ceiling? He can’t grow anymore? He’s younger than Thomas and Kyrou and people on this board still talk about them getting better so why can’t Brady?

This isn’t directed at you but some of these other comments are funny. I remember a couple years ago when Matthew was an overrated winger too, and a playoff choker. That sure aged well.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
So at 24 years old, we know for sure he has hit his ceiling? He can’t grow anymore? He’s younger than Thomas and Kyrou and people on this board still talk about them getting better so why can’t Brady?

This isn’t directed at you but some of these other comments are funny. I remember a couple years ago when Matthew was an overrated winger too, and a playoff choker. That sure aged well.
I suppose it’s possible but I think some are just enamored because of the name. He’s good but not that good. I’d like to add a guy that brings some grit but BT takes way too many bad penalties. His brother was the one to get IMO.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Well part of it aged poorly. He's still validating the playoff choker title.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well part of it aged poorly. He's still validating the playoff choker title.
What? He is?

He had 24 points in 20 playoff games last year. He was Florida’s best player and they went to the Cup.

I suppose it’s possible but I think some are just enamored because of the name. He’s good but not that good. I’d like to add a guy that brings some grit but BT takes way too many bad penalties. His brother was the one to get IMO.
I don’t think Brady will ever be as good as Matthew but it really wouldn’t surprise me if Brady absolutely takes off if he gets traded to a better organization than Ottawa. If that happens it will sting to have missed out on both of them.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
My BT offer

2024 1st
2024 2nd
2024 2nd
2025 1st

Who says no?

Packages for players like Brady Tkachuck don't look like this. Ottawa has been rebuilding for quite a while and they will want some actual players that fit their timeline instead of a package that consists entirely of magic beans that might or might not ever become something someday.

Ottawa is 100% going to ask for Neighbours and one of Dvorsky/Snuggerud + our 24 1st (unless they expect us to finish bottom-10 then the 25 1st is an option too). And they will probably want us to add on top of that (Toropchenko?). Am I willing to pay that for Brady Tkachuck? Absolutely not.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
What? He is?

He had 24 points in 20 playoff games last year. He was Florida’s best player and they went to the Cup.

I don’t think Brady will ever be as good as Matthew but it really wouldn’t surprise me if Brady absolutely takes off if he gets traded to a better organization than Ottawa. If that happens it will sting to have missed out on both of them.

Sorry, I saw playoff choker and assumed we were talking about Matthews.

• Haha

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
I would be down for sending Kyrou and small plus for BT. I also agree whole heartedly, we cant mortgage two full drafts for him and have a lot of bigger needs to fill. However, maneuvering from say Kyrou + Dean or something similiar for BT, i would love. BT would be fun to see in the Note, and I prefer his brand of hockey over Kyrou''s. Not a Kyrou hater, but would love some more sand paper on this team.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I would be down for sending Kyrou and small plus for BT. I also agree whole heartedly, we cant mortgage two full drafts for him and have a lot of bigger needs to fill. However, maneuvering from say Kyrou + Dean or something similiar for BT, i would love. BT would be fun to see in the Note, and I prefer his brand of hockey over Kyrou''s. Not a Kyrou hater, but would love some more sand paper on this team.
The Issue would be that it wouldn't cost Kyrou+Dean. It would cost Kyrou+24 1st+Snuggy/Dali/Neighbours. That is just not a price we can do with our current position. If all it costed was Kyrou+Dean it would be done.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'll qualify this as current version of Brady, current version of Brady won't move the needle for us. Why pay a premium for a marginal upgrade at a non-premium position. If Army is to dive into the bag of prospects to get an upgrade, it better be on defense. If you can get a 24 year old or younger top pair dman, I think we'd all be willing to pay quite a bit, I wouldn't be willing to pay what it would take to get Brady.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
BT has been brought up before and his contract situation always makes it a non-starter for me. We aren't contending in the three years he has left, then he either leaves for nothing or we give him a big raise on a very long extension that will feel a lot like Schenn's current contract towards the end. That all doesn't account for the price we'd have to pay to acquire him.

BT also hasn't been able to drag his team with interesting forwards and questionable D-men to the playoffs. Why would he do better with our collection of interesting forwards and questionable D-men?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So the plan is, get all the forwards in place and THEN go look to draft an 18 year old defenseman in a few years. That's a good plan that way when the defenseman is 21 or 22 in 2029 or 2030 your roster has fallen apart again.
Calgary acquired Hanifin when he was 22, Columbus got Jones at 21, Tampa got Sergachev at 19, Hamilton was traded a couple times. It's not unreasonable to trade for a young top pair defender, or if the team is good enough to acquire a prime aged dman.

Or even Dunn, while Seattle got him in the expansion, he was available for trade before that. A team would've had to take some faith, since he didn't come as a 20-23+ minute dman, but once he was in a big minute and offensive role, he thrived. Not every 3rd pair offensive dman can do what he did, but it's a realistic enough scenario for a piece that we could acquire. Or when Colorado acquired Toews.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad