Prospect Info: Blues 2021-2022 Prospects Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Not sure why he wouldn’t have been skating much lately. Busy trying to get his visa? Hiding out to make sure he wasn’t abducted by Putin’s thugs and forced into Russian military service?
Fedotov was arrested at the ice rink after a training session. Within 4 days, he had been hospitalized and then reportedly sent to the Arctic Circle to go serve in the Navy. If I were a Russian player with an NHL contract and the intention to not play in Russia, I sure as hell wouldn't be going to the rink while I waited on my work visa to be completed.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Fedotov was arrested at the ice rink after a training session. Within 4 days, he had been hospitalized and then reportedly sent to the Arctic Circle to go serve in the Navy. If I were a Russian player with an NHL contract and the intention to not play in Russia, I sure as hell wouldn't be going to the rink while I waited on my work visa to be completed.
proxy-image

Reactions: Brian39

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Yeah, I guess when I said “I’m not sure” why he wouldn’t have been skating, I absolutely had a theory as to why but didn’t want to say it outright as I don’t KNOW for sure that’s the reason so simply alluded to it with a link. 🤣

But yes, completely agree. I’m not sure how the whole military deferment thing works but even if I had valid papers, I would expect the Russian military to have the ability to just arbitrarily decide they’re not valid anymore and get the heck out of there.

I’m curious what the details on Kaprisov are. Clearly he made it back here safe but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some extortion involved to ensure he was able to get out.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Yeah, I guess when I said “I’m not sure” why he wouldn’t have been skating, I absolutely had a theory as to why but didn’t want to say it outright as I don’t KNOW for sure that’s the reason so simply alluded to it with a link. 🤣

But yes, completely agree. I’m not sure how the whole military deferment thing works but even if I had valid papers, I would expect the Russian military to have the ability to just arbitrarily decide they’re not valid anymore and get the heck out of there.

I’m curious what the details on Kaprisov are. Clearly he made it back here safe but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some extortion involved to ensure he was able to get out.
On a similar note, Michael Handzus resigned from Slovak national team because he doesn't feel they should be allowing KHL players on the team due to Russian invasion of Ukraine.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Just noticed JT wrote another article on Zherenko that gives more details on his journey here.

Just noticed JT wrote another article with more details on Zherenko’s complicated path to get out of Russia to get here.

It's been quite a journey for Blues goalie prospect Vadim Zherenko

8 weeks holed up in a Georgian hotel, no skating during that time, had to leave his equipment behind, finally got here about a week ago after getting very creative about getting a US visa. 😳

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Just noticed JT wrote another article on Zherenko that gives more details on his journey here.

Just noticed JT wrote another article with more details on Zherenko’s complicated path to get out of Russia to get here.

8 weeks holed up in a Georgian hotel, no skating during that time, had to leave his equipment behind, finally got here about a week ago after getting very creative about getting a US visa. 😳
I thought I read somewhere that we already had an agreement in place to loan him back to Ilves in Liiga for the coming season, but maybe even that is too risky now.

Edit: After reading the article, it may have been Loof I was thinking of getting loaned back to Ilves.

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Thanks for posting. Hadn't seen that article. Certainly sounds like we are much more excited about him than Ellis.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I thought I read somewhere that we already had an agreement in place to loan him back to Ilves in Liiga for the coming season, but maybe even that is too risky now.

Edit: After reading the article, it may have been Loof I was thinking of getting loaned back to Ilves.
How would that be risky? Tampere is in Finland.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
How would that be risky? Tampere is in Finland.
Risk, like geographic location is relative. While the possibility of him being kidnapped by the Russian government and dragged back to the Motherland while in Finland is remote, I would say that the odds of that happening in Springfield or Worcester is remote-r by virtue of geographic distance if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad