Blues 2016 Offseason Thread Part II

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
hoping that #22 packs up his bags today

dont hate him like i hate chris stewart but its time for him to go.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Shattenkirk should be willing to sign in Edmonton. That means #4, RNH or Draisaitl possibly can come here.

Why? What ties does he have to the organization at all? He's not going to agree to sign in Edmonton just to do the Blues a favor. Edmonton sucks and they have sucked for over a decade, and in a lot of that time they were a steaming dumpster fire and media circus. Why would he want to go there? Especially with the added expectation that he would solidify what is still a mediocre at best D group.

I'm not saying there's no way he would sign in Edmonton, but it shouldn't be considered a foregone conclusion just because that's what Blues fans want. I certainly wouldn't blame him if he said he wouldn't.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Why? What ties does he have to the organization at all? He's not going to agree to sign in Edmonton just to do the Blues a favor. Edmonton sucks and they have sucked for over a decade, and in a lot of that time they were a steaming dumpster fire and media circus. Why would he want to go there? Especially with the added expectation that he would solidify what is still a mediocre at best D group.

I'm not saying there's no way he would sign in Edmonton, but it shouldn't be considered a foregone conclusion just because that's what Blues fans want. I certainly wouldn't blame him if he said he wouldn't.

More of a joke, so we get a good return.
I can see why he would or wouldn't, I'm hoping he is because their assets are probably top to anyone else's.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Seems like Calgary is dead set on picking up a netminder this weekend. All rumors are pointing to Bishop or Elliott....hmmmm.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'd rather keep Elliott. I think he is our best goalie, I don't think Allen is going to develop into a clearly better goalie and Elliott isn't old. An extension of 3-4 years at $4.5m would be fine. We'd get a better return on Allen.

However, if Armstrong decides to go with Allen, I can live with that. I'd rather trade Elliott and find out what we have with Allen next season. Make sure we know what we have with Allen heading into next offseason, when other goalies will be available with the expansion draft looming.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'd rather keep Elliott. I think he is our best goalie, I don't think Allen is going to develop into a clearly better goalie and Elliott isn't old. An extension of 3-4 years at $4.5m would be fine. We'd get a better return on Allen.

However, if Armstrong decides to go with Allen, I can live with that. I'd rather trade Elliott and find out what we have with Allen next season. Make sure we know what we have with Allen heading into next offseason, when other goalies will be available with the expansion draft looming.

I think the writing is on the wall that they're going to choose Allen, wrong as I think it may be.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I don't see any indication of either being moved. But if Elliott wants out due to what happened in the playoffs, Hitchcock just cost us big time.

Hitch let's the veteran players play and he gets the reputation of favoring the older vets over the kids. If he puts the kids in there over the vets then he is "costing us big time". Poor guy can't ever win.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
JR just said Yeo will have a big hand with the power play. Yuck.

Yea, I already pointed that out in the Yeo was hired thread. With Wilson being a defense coach, Yeo is left with the offense/PP. And I concur, yuck.

Yea I'm going to miss powerplay goals.
However, maybe its a chance (ever so slightly) he develops a better sense for how to coach offensively.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Uninspiring, though expected.

I think we're probably in for a rude awakening next year regarding just how spoiled we were with Shattenkirk and Muller.

Wild fans noted that he was stubborn to adjust on powerplay lines and favoring icetime to specific players only. :help:

I think Yeo's powerplay is our least biggest fear now. :laugh:

Lets see what can/have to Army pull out this draft. Next day is going to be, every Blues fans slit open their wrist with dull knife or giving hag & kisses to Army or we get **** up, but homerish Blues fans defend Army and find another excuses his moves.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
With the draft Winnipeg just had, and the prospect that they already have...they're going to be eating our lunch in no time. That's a scary club in the Central.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Does anyone else get the sense that other GM's know they can just wait Armstrong out to get better deals? It happened last year with Oshie, and it's certain to happen now with Shatty, especially after his "maybe I'm asking for too much" debacle last night.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Uninspiring, though expected.

I think we're probably in for a rude awakening next year regarding just how spoiled we were with Shattenkirk and Muller.

Agreed. Our PP was not a problem. Yeo better have a completely new playbook for our PP compared to what he implemented in MN.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Does anyone else get the sense that other GM's know they can just wait Armstrong out to get better deals? It happened last year with Oshie, and it's certain to happen now with Shatty, especially after his "maybe I'm asking for too much" debacle last night.

Well he is terrible at getting value out of the players he trades away...aside from the EJ trade. I think other GMs smile when he puts someone on the block.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad