GDT: bluecar

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I can see Nash being held out as maybe an injury, but Versteeg? Why not scratch him from the outset and call up Checkers??? I surely haven't seen any indication during this game of a Versteeg injury. To handicap the team by 1, maybe 2 forwards during a game, on top of the Staal trade, seems like piss-poor planning on GMRF's part...

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I can see Nash being held out as maybe an injury, but Versteeg? Why not scratch him from the outset and call up Checkers??? I surely haven't seen any indication during this game of a Versteeg injury. To handicap the team by 1, maybe 2 forwards during a game, on top of the Staal trade, seems like piss-poor planning on GMRF's part...

Might have just received an offer for Versteeg he liked.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC

Meh. These things happen fast the closer you get

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Might have just received an offer for Versteeg he liked.

True, but if the intent all along was to trade him, just scratch him. I just find it poor form to pull a guy in the middle of a game, especially when the team is already short-handed.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
True, but if the intent all along was to trade him, just scratch him. I just find it poor form to pull a guy in the middle of a game, especially when the team is already short-handed.

The Checkers are in Manitoba. They would have needed to have held guys back from that trip a few days ago.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
so yeah time to make those draft picks as high as possible now

only a little concerned about what this does for morale, first time in years this team was playing with actual confidence that they can win games lol

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Remember when people were so impressed how they played without Faulk. How's that working out now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad