Blue Pants Poll

Blue pants — love em or leave em?

• Total voters

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Surprised that they actually look this nice, thought the red pants is the only thing i like about Columbus uniform lol

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Hopefully this signals a new era of cbj hockey . New coach , more exciting play style , New Unis . It does seem like the blue pants are a different blue than top part of Jersey ?

I’m all for new branding , starting with this design as our primaries.

Attachments

• 45199EFC-16F2-4C46-B5DE-095F6F0F828C.jpeg
    45199EFC-16F2-4C46-B5DE-095F6F0F828C.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: CPTN71

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
It does seem like the blue pants are a different blue than top part of Jersey ?

I thought the same thing last night and that's the sole reason I voted leave em. It messes with my OCD hockey senses. If the pants matched the sweaters I would be on the love em side.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
They look nice but

1. The blue needs to match the blue on the shoulders more.

2. We need to not look like the Winnipeg Jets.

I didn't mind the look at all. I think I'd rather just stick with the red pants, but if they switch I won't be too mad.
Hopefully this signals a new era of cbj hockey . New coach , more exciting play style , New Unis . It does seem like the blue pants are a different blue than top part of Jersey ?

I’m all for new branding , starting with this design as our primaries.

This looks like a Winnipeg Jets jersey with our 3rd logo. I don't see any reason to swap from our current logo, or our jerseys as a whole.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I don't see any reason to swap from our current logo, or our jerseys as a whole.

They should always be looking for ways to improve the brand. If they didn't they'd still have a bug on their uniforms. BUT.........

They look nice but

If you're going to make a change do it right. Yes, the color is off and could be corrected to look more aligned with the jerseys.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Definitely what everyone says about matching blue. I could also do without the red stripe at the bottom of the pants. But I love the idea of blue pants over reds.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
They look nice but

2. We need to not look like the Winnipeg Jets.

I didn't mind the look at all. I think I'd rather just stick with the red pants, but if they switch I won't be too mad.

This looks like a Winnipeg Jets jersey with our 3rd logo. I don't see any reason to swap from our current logo, or our jerseys as a whole.
Anyone who has watched the Jackets attempt to play knows that they in no way look like the Jets

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I like the idea but for me this particular blue ends up kind of dull on the ice. Notice how the blue "pops" in the off-ice image of Seth. On ice I was seeing almost a drab grey, it felt muddled. Maybe that will go away if it's matched with the blue of the jersey.

I'm curious to see lighter blues too. Yes I know it looks like the Jets and a lot of other newer thirds, but we're the Blue Jackets, let other teams move away from our colors.

Reactions: KJ Dangler

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
This was a nice surprise and an absolute slam dunk for me. I hope they keep the red stripe on the pants too.

Only downside is having to wait til the ‘22 season to see this combo on the road full time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad