OT: Blue Jays / MLB Thread 2022

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Bringing this thread back because it was yet another casualty of migration.

Blue Jays have made some moves (and yes, @Cloned Montoyo is still the manager):

And it sounds like they're far from being done.

Looking forward to being in the SkyDome on April 8 for the Home Opener!

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Alright, I need some mod help because of a typo.

It's supposed to be thread, not threat

facepalm-really.gif

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I'll be in TO for the Yankee series June 17-19. Got my flights, hotel & game tickets already.
Hope the schedule doesn't change.

I imagine I'd be taking in some of those games as well. One of my good buddies out here is unfortunately a Yankees fan. We usually go to one game every other time the Yankees visit.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
I'm a little surprised they gave Kikuchi 3 years, I thought he'd only get a 2 year deal. That said he seems like the type of pitcher that will thrive under Pete Walker. Lefty with a mid 90s fastball that struggles with giving up hard contact.

There is your 5th starter. Just need an infielder, a bullpen arm and another LH bat.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer

Not exactly Ken Rosenthal but he did call the Jays signing Semien last offseason and Garcia this one, so who knows :dunno:

He would make for an insane lineup but I can't see the fit defensively unfortunately. Schwarber, who they are also linked to, makes more sense I think

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011

Not exactly Ken Rosenthal but he did call the Jays signing Semien last offseason and Garcia this one, so who knows :dunno:

He would make for an insane lineup but I can't see the fit defensively unfortunately. Schwarber, who they are also linked to, makes more sense I think

Only way this makes sense is if they're comfortable with Vlad at third. He did change his insta bio to blue jays 3b earlier this offseason

The lineup with Freddie would be ridiculous

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Only way this makes sense is if they're comfortable with Vlad at third. He did change his insta bio to blue jays 3b earlier this offseason

The lineup with Freddie would be ridiculous

Either that or use Vlad & Freeman as your DH the majority of the time. He is exactly the type of hitter they need though, or any team for that matter. Surprised Atlanta opted to pay a big price in trade rather than re-sign Freeman.

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
Either that or use Vlad & Freeman as your DH the majority of the time. He is exactly the type of hitter they need though, or any team for that matter. Surprised Atlanta opted to pay a big price in trade rather than re-sign Freeman.
Yeah that's an option but I don't like clogging the dh all year when we could be cycling through guys (springer) through the dh to keep healthy

Reactions: MuzzaFuzza

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Huge add.

I think it opened up two spots on the 40 man roster too. More coming?

Seems like theyre pushing their chips in.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
I like Chapman but he kind of brings what they already have at the plate. Will be an absolute treat watching him man 3rd base for the Jays though.

They still need a left handed bat though. Ken Rosenthal and Shi Davidi both reiterated their interest in Jose Ramirez today (if the Guardians trade him) They're still swinging big IMO. Bringing in Jose Ramirez would complete one of, if not THE best lineups i've ever seen.

Springer CF
Ramirez 2B
Guerrero Jr 1B
Bichette SS
Hernandez RF
Chapman 3B
Gurriel Jr LF
Kirk DH
Jansen C

Still right handed heavy but it doesn't matter, that is absolutely insane.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I like Chapman but he kind of brings what they already have at the plate. Will be an absolute treat watching him man 3rd base for the Jays though.

They still need a left handed bat though. Ken Rosenthal and Shi Davidi both reiterated their interest in Jose Ramirez today (if the Guardians trade him) They're still swinging big IMO. Bringing in Jose Ramirez would complete one of, if not THE best lineups i've ever seen.

Springer CF
Ramirez 2B
Guerrero Jr 1B
Bichette SS
Hernandez RF
Chapman 3B
Gurriel Jr LF
Kirk DH
Jansen C

Pitching looks pretty good too. Although I'd like to add one or two more MLB arms, although that can also be done at the deadline.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Pitching looks pretty good too. Although I'd like to add one or two more MLB arms, although that can also be done at the deadline.

Pitching depth never hurts, we might see some minor league deals once the dust settles.

Assuming everything goes to plan I can see the Jays being in the market for an elite reliever come trade deadline. Kind of feels like that would be the finishing piece.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

Springer CF
Ramirez 2B
Guerrero Jr 1B
Bichette SS
Hernandez RF
Chapman 3B
Gurriel Jr LF
Kirk DH
Jansen C

Ramirez would be a big addition, I hope they get something done. A few more GM’s will be trying for Ramirez if available.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Kikuchi will be a big wildcard. So long as their bullpen isnt as bad as last season I don't see how they aren't a favorite.

Berrios/Gausman/Ryu/Kikuchi/Manoah/Stripling/Pearson/Kay

They have potential to be disgusting if a couple of those kids can put it together. Gotta be a make or break year for Pearson at this point.

Can't remember being this excited for the Jays season. Like, ever.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Kikuchi will be a big wildcard. So long as their bullpen isnt as bad as last season I don't see how they aren't a favorite.

Berrios/Gausman/Ryu/Kikuchi/Manoah/Stripling/Pearson/Kay

They have potential to be disgusting if a couple of those kids can put it together. Gotta be a make or break year for Pearson at this point.

Can't remember being this excited for the Jays season. Like, ever.

In Pete Walker we trust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad