Blue Jays/MLB 2024

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Good start. Offense looked good in an 8-2 win.
Berrios looked good after giving up a HR to Yandy Diaz, the leadoff batter.
Vladdy hit a 450 foot no doubter that the center fielder just turned & watched.
It was a good day.

Reactions: GOilers88

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Pete Rose on Shohei Ohtani betting scandal: ‘Wish I’d have had an interpreter’​

What would actually be hilarious is if “Ohtani” meant “rose” in Japanese.

Good start. Offense looked good in an 8-2 win.
Berrios looked good after giving up a HR to Yandy Diaz, the leadoff batter.
Vladdy hit a 450 foot no doubter that the center fielder just turned & watched.
It was a good day.
That was a bomb by Guerrero. Didn’t he hit his first homer something like 14 games in last season?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
What I found interesting about this game is that the pitch clock wasn’t a factor or even mentioned once today. It’s taken a year for the players to adjust but at least it appears they have. What a shit show that was during opening week especially last year and an issue all season really where you couldn’t help but wonder if some players were capable of adjusting.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Almost streamed Kikuchi today.

Fool me 5 times, can't get fooled again Kuch!

Fully expecting Jays win now, haha.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
What I found interesting about this game is that the pitch clock wasn’t a factor or even mentioned once today. It’s taken a year for the players to adjust but at least it appears they have. What a shit show that was during opening week especially last year and an issue all season really where you couldn’t help but wonder if some players were capable of adjusting.
And didn't they cut down the time even a little more this year?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
WTF?? I don't get it, but the guy obviously likes sucking on weiners.
Atkins signed 38 year old Justin Turner as the solution to the Jays offensive woes. Hitting a glorious .100 so far.

Meanwhile Cashman actually went out and did something with Soto and he’s hitting .500 with a 1.261 OPS so far.

Very small sample size but I’d be surprised if the results change too drastically by game 162.

• Haha
Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Atkins signed 38 year old Justin Turner as the solution to the Jays offensive woes. Hitting a glorious .100 so far.

Meanwhile Cashman actually went out and did something with Soto and he’s hitting .500 with a 1.261 OPS so far.

Very small sample size but I’d be surprised if the results change too drastically by game 162.
Yah, but is either of them better at sucking a wiener than that fan?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019

Batting averages in the first 20 games aren’t all that relevant but your concerns are valid.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Batting averages in the first 20 games aren’t all that relevant but your concerns are valid.
Was wondering how long it would take for someone to come along and remind us it’s early in the season and these guys will start hitting soon. 3 games, lol. Much quicker than last year. I don’t think there’s a lot of pop in this lineup outside of Springer, Guerrero and Bichette and as we saw last year if all 3 of those guys aren’t having big years that offence doesn’t score much.
It sure would be nice having Moreno in this lineup today. Jansen seems to be hurt all the time and Kirk just isn’t good enough to be more than a back up. I hate to beat a dead horse but I’d sure love to know what the Jays brain trust saw in Varsho to think he was worth dealing Moreno for. There’s no shortage of valid reasons to fire Atkins but that’s the unforgivable one for me.

This is an old video. They’ve been showing it for years on highlight packages. Still funny though.

Reactions: fresh meat

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Was wondering how long it would take for someone to come along and remind us it’s early in the season and these guys will start hitting soon. 3 games, lol. Much quicker than last year. I don’t think there’s a lot of pop in this lineup outside of Springer, Guerrero and Bichette and as we saw last year if all 3 of those guys aren’t having big years that offence doesn’t score much.
It sure would be nice having Moreno in this lineup today. Jansen seems to be hurt all the time and Kirk just isn’t good enough to be more than a back up. I hate to beat a dead horse but I’d sure love to know what the Jays brain trust saw in Varsho to think he was worth dealing Moreno for. There’s no shortage of valid reasons to fire Atkins but that’s the unforgivable one for me.

This is an old video. They’ve been showing it for years on highlight packages. Still funny though.
Oh I’m concerned but I can’t get excited about batting averages in either direction with such a tiny sample size, you can move averages by hundreds of points a day right now.

You are correct that if Springer, Guerrero and Bichette aren’t rolling this team is probably dead. Feels like the oilers just an unbalanced lineup poorly constructed outside the top guys. I also really can’t argue the Moreno situation, turned the top prospect in baseball into a nothing burger.

Reactions: rboomercat90

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Soho is going to hopefully be everything that Cashman thought Stanton would be. As in, anything but a complete super expensive and long term bust.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Soho is going to hopefully be everything that Cashman thought Stanton would be. As in, anything but a complete super expensive and long term bust.
At least Cashman keeps trying to improve the roster. Mistakes might be made but the effort is always there.

Atkins seems content to build a mid roster.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
At least Cashman keeps trying to improve the roster. Mistakes might be made but the money is always there.

Atkins seems content to build a mid roster.
Corrected for you. It's early. Only 159 more games to really find out.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad