Blue Jays Discussion: Blue Jays acquire TROY TULOWITZKI... did I mention his idol is Derek Jeter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He said it was bittersweet. He's not going to outright say Reyes is bad and Tulo is amazing.

Y'all are crazy I swear.

I don't understand what everyone is getting worked up over. Bittersweet means a good thing and a bad thing. He was sad to see Reyes go because they were really close, but he knows Tulo is a great player.

It's like saying your friend who was your co-worker got a promotion and as a result moved to a new state is bittersweet. It sucks that they're going to be away, but you're happy they're getting a promotion.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Travis said he would try and play through his shoulder irritation same thing that happened earlier. Would this change the plan to bat him leadoff?

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Jose Bautista ‏@JoeyBats19 33m33 minutes ago
For the ones playing psychologist over my comments re trade how about this: understand what people try to say, dont let media manipulate you

The media in Toronto is truly the worst. Took his post-deadline comments out of context last season too.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
For the ones playing psychologist over my comments re trade how about this: understand what people try to say, dont let media manipulate you

The media in Toronto is truly the worst. Took his post-deadline comments out of context last season too.

I don't think they took the comment out of context. It was an interview that's on video it's up to the person to take it how they want.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
It wouldn't surprise me to see José move on by the beginning of next season

It would greatly surprise me to see Jose move on, its pretty clear he likes the city and the team if they make moves to try to win

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

That's what JP Arencibia said too...

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
The Jays have top 3 players now at C, SS, 3B and RF. Nevermind this year, next year is going to be make or break for these guys. The loss of Buehrle and his stability will sting, but with Stroman back the team can really give a push.

I think Jose is getting frustrated with the team and media, and agree that his time in Toronto could be ticking down. He also wears his heart on his sleeve so maybe he just lets his frustration out more often than others.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I don't think they took the comment out of context. It was an interview that's on video it's up to the person to take it how they want.

They did. Toronto media types do it all the time. Just like Jamie Campbell did mere hours ago. Just like Simmons and Feschuk do. Etc.

Agree it's up the person how to take it, but not everyone actually waits for the video/audio. They read one sentence from a tweet which holds no context or tone and run it trough the wringer.

Please people. Use your brains everyone once in a while. Stop overreacting to tweets. Listen to the actual players rather than what the media rep wants you to hear. Otherwise you're just one of their mindless drones.

Last edited:

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Toronto media types do it all the time. Just like Jamie Campbell did mere hours ago. Just like Simmons and Feschuk do. Etc.

Agree it's up the person how to take it, but not everyone actually waits for the video/audio. They read one sentence from a tweet which holds no context or tone and run it trough the wringer.

Please people. Use your brains everyone once in a while. Stop overreacting to tweets. Listen to the actual players rather than what the media rep wants you to hear. Otherwise you're just one of their mindless drones.

I did listen to him before I read anything about his reaction and I felt that his body language, tone and words chosen were heavy on the negative and frustration.

He may be justified but I don't think the media is making something out of nothing

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Bautista needs to **** and just play. He is a player and not a gm so that's where his opinion ends. He's just cranky he lost his bff and probably further frustrated that he's losing influence within the organization now that we're adding a vote group thst can win without him.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I did listen to him before I read anything about his reaction and I felt that his body language, tone and words chosen were heavy on the negative and frustration.

He may be justified but I don't think the media is making something out of nothing

I agree. Maybe the media does go overboard but comments were in direct response to watching Bautista answer via video not from a a tweet. Body language and words didn't exactly scream happiness or positivity.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
His problem is he is passive aggresive to the media and then retreats behind the vagueness of his comments even though it's very clear what he's saying and who he is aiming it at.

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
His problem is he is passive aggresive to the media and then retreats behind the vagueness of his comments even though it's very clear what he's saying and who he is aiming it at.

Exactly. And the media doesn't even give him that hard of a time, he brings most of this upon himself.

Usually I'm against the Toronto media and our markets inability to appreciate a superstar, but in this instance, it's JB who is unable to appreciate what it takes to lead as a star.

I'm not saying trade him by all means necessary, but he needs to get his act together. He hasn't won **** in this league.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He flat out said he didn't know if that's what they needed. There's no way to misconstrue that comment, he said it flat out.

well that's the thing.
I mean if simply said "it's bittersweet to lose a good friend and an awesome teammate, he meant a lot to this organization, and he'll be missed" that says one thing.

saying "I don't know if that's what they needed" is totally another and I don't get why he said it.

Like I said in the thread before it closed. he complained and got mad that AA didn't do anything last year.this year, AA makes a move that he was trying to get done since December and it happened, to upgrade a position in several ways, and Jose says "he didn't know if it was needed."

Okay then.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Bautista needs to learn that he's not the #1 on the team anymore. You can argue he's not even #2 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad