Pre-Game Talk: Blue Jackets vs Jets - Jan 11 6:00pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Oh. The paper this morning said Postma and Slater were close to returning, but Halischuk is still weeks away. Clitsome's got a serious lower back problem, too. I hope he didn't sprain a ligament. Those are a pain to get right. I had one and couldn't sit for any length of time for nearly a year without some discomfort.

From the Noel presser. Postma will be cleared for contact soon. Then 5-7 days before he plays. Slater is skating at 50% Halischuk is a ways away and Clitsome is not close.

Last edited:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
You've never had the flu then.

Oh I have. I work with the public as a cashier and that's how I get sick because of all the gross people that don't cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze. I've stayed home because I've been sick, but my superiors have never sent me home because I'm sick. My last job my mom was my boss so when I'm sick she told me to stay home.

I get that the flu is harsh because I have it at least once a year, but not every place of employment sends people home.

I don't want the flu going around the Jets, but those things tend to unless they take precautions like the 24/7 a few years ago. But even then when a person already starts feeling sick, the guys would have been exposed to those germs already. Plus Wheeler, Ladd, Buff (don't know who else has kids) all have little ones that (maybe not Ladd's and Wheeler's yet) are cesspools of germs.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Buff won't work as forward:help:

That only worked against the Canucks and Luongo. Noel doesn't even know how to use him properly as a forward.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Lines at practice. No Evander Kane.

Ladd - Little - Byfuglien
O'Dell - Scheifele - Frolik
Setoguchi - Jokinen - Wheeler
Tangradi - Wright - Thorburn

Enstrom - Bogosian
Stuart - Trouba
Ellerby - Pardy

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Buff will be forward tomorrow
White jersey again today

Does Buff even have the word "back-check" in his vocabulary?

Not to be smart, but seriously... almost every game there are moments where our forwards back-checked their behinds off, and actually saved a goal, or stopped what was going to be a great scoring chance by the opposition. Anyone else seeing Buff having a problem doing the same?

Unless the Jets are telling Buff he's playing ringette rules and he's not allowed to cross the blueline into the opposition end, he's going to get caught up the ice every shift. The only positive I can see is that when Buff starts serving up free pizzas he will be at least 150ft. away from our net instead of in front of our net.

Who knows.... maybe Noel is using reverse psychology here with Buff.... Either you start playing better defense or we are going to permanently make you a forward.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Enstrom - Bogosian
Stuart - Trouba
Ellerby - Pardy

D is as I expected (and posted) yesterday - have big concerns about the ice-time that the 2nd and 3rd pairing are going to get.

Buff on the 1st line - I kinda like it. The LLW has NOT being going as of late, it shuffles Buff, but gives him a compliment by placing him on the first line that hopefully motivates him, and pushes Wheeler (who has been going lately) down to another line that's been stagnant.

And, it puts Thorbs on the 4th where I actually don't mind him.

It'll be an interesting experiment, for sure.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Enstrom - Bogosian
Stuart - Trouba
Ellerby - Pardy

What's the deal with Kane?

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
Last time we had Buff playing wing it was dreadful. His heart was clearly nowhere close to being in it. I mean do you remember his interviews? He basically said coach put me there, I'd obviously rather be defending.

So when does Hawerchuk start? :sarcasm:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
D is as I expected (and posted) yesterday - have big concerns about the ice-time that the 2nd and 3rd pairing are going to get.

Buff on the 1st line - I kinda like it. The LLW has NOT being going as of late, it shuffles Buff, but gives him a compliment by placing him on the first line that hopefully motivates him, and pushes Wheeler (who has been going lately) down to another line that's been stagnant.

And, it puts Thorbs on the 4th where I actually don't mind him.

It'll be an interesting experiment, for sure.

I fully expect a diasaster :)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I fully expect a diasaster :)

Yeah, unfortunately I agree. I do not like the d-pairings one bit - they're going to get big time exploited, as Enstrom and Bogo can only such up so much ice time. As much as I complain about Stuart, he's been reasonable lately - but as a #3/4? No thanks - that's asking him to do too much. Combine that with the inability to shelter Trouba, and this could spell trouble.

For the forwards: LLW and the Olli line needed a bit of a shake-up to get out of their funk - I think it'll be interesting to see what happens, but I'm not very positive on this either.

tl;dr: I fully expect a disaster. ;)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So if Kane is good to go who sits? O'Dell? Tangradi? Thorburn?

I'm still not convinced Buff won't be playing D again by the 3rd period.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Yeah, unfortunately I agree. I do not like the d-pairings one bit - they're going to get big time exploited, as Enstrom and Bogo can only such up so much ice time. As much as I complain about Stuart, he's been reasonable lately - but as a #3/4? No thanks - that's asking him to do too much. Combine that with the inability to shelter Trouba, and this could spell trouble.

For the forwards: LLW and the Olli line needed a bit of a shake-up to get out of their funk - I think it'll be interesting to see what happens, but I'm not very positive on this either.

tl;dr: I fully expect a disaster. ;)

as I see it on D we have a tweener 1st/2nd pairing and 2 bottom pairings - not sure if Jackets are the club to fully exploit this but they're still an NHL team

and if we were on the road that Scheifele line would get torched

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I dunno - if Buff is told (in private) "look, we have no intention of moving you to forward, but we have serious injury problems at wing, so it's only for a short time" I think the big guy could make it work.

TSM

Go Jets Go
Jun 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Two days ago, I couldn't GIVE away tickets to the CLB game; now w/ all the "Buff playing forward" chatter, I've been contacted by 3 different friends asking if the seats are still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad