Confirmed with Link: Blue Jackets Sign Jordan Maletta (OHL)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
A few number of draft picks at next two drafts will compensate signing undrafted players. Good or bad?
Time will tell.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Campbell replacement at some point?

bb_56_jordan_maletta_ep.jpg

Looks like it has already happened at the Bruins.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Why wasn't this guy drafted? Certainly has the size and apparently a knack for goal scoring.

To give you an idea of where he was at in his draft season, here's my rankings from 2013.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013/05/my-final-top-50-ohl-players-for-2013_7198.html

Maletta was a 1st round pick in the OHL, but struggled with consistently using his size in his initial seasons. The work ethic and engagement away from the puck wavered and that's why he fell out of favour in Windsor. In Niagara, he got better and better every season. He's obviously corrected all those areas (and improved his skating as alluded to by another poster).

Could definitely develop into a solid 4th line center who can put the puck in the net. Best case scenario, a Daniel Winnik type.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Is he close to being an NHL player? Don't know much about this guy other than he's improved a lot the past 2 seasons and is a big guy that is good at face-offs

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Is he close to being an NHL player? Don't know much about this guy other than he's improved a lot the past 2 seasons and is a big guy that is good at face-offs

The AHL is the next step in progression. Wouldn't even think about him in the context of the NHL yet.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Any chance of him coming to Cleveland to finish this season?
Yes, if Niagara is eliminated before Cleveland's season ends. Their first playoff series begins Thursday and will end no later than April 5th. They could advance, though, and they're the higher seed, so I wouldn't count on seeing Maletta just yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad