Confirmed with Link: Blue Jackets sign defensemen Blake Siebenaler and Dean Kukan to entry level contracts

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Nice, Kukan is a good addition to your blueline, I'm sure he's got the drive to survive in the big league, he's very reliable and a solid skater. How is your bottom pairing looking as of now, is there space for him to be a starter?

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
640px-Simon_Bodenmann_%28l%29_and_Dean_Kukan_%28r%29_-_ZSC_Lions-Kloten_Flyers_-_23.12.2010.jpg

sure, we like him. Prout + Kukan = hard working ( aka fighting) D pair :laugh:

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
You guys got a steal in Dean guys congrats from a Luleå fan.

Obviously, I've never heard of the guy. Can you tell us what we can expect? What kind of playing style, what kind of ceiling, and where can we expect him this season?

I see that he is 6'2, 200 - not a ton of points (12 and 13 points in last two SEL seasons).

I would assume with this kind of signing that he will be the Jackets #9, 10, or 11 this season. After Falk on the depth chart. But really, I dont have a clue.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Obviously, I've never heard of the guy. Can you tell us what we can expect? What kind of playing style, what kind of ceiling, and where can we expect him this season?

I see that he is 6'2, 200 - not a ton of points (12 and 13 points in last two SEL seasons).

I would assume with this kind of signing that he will be the Jackets #9, 10, or 11 this season. After Falk on the depth chart. But really, I dont have a clue.

Yeah Dean is a very talanted defender, with his offense as his strength during his time in Sweden. The points might not show it but hes still a young kid in a good league(SHL) so cant put to much on it.

Dean is also 1 of the best skaters ive seen in Luleå so yeah dont be suprised if hes the fastest skater on your team. Ceiling is high i would say if he can become a little better in his own zone.

Has also played in 2 WC already for Switzerland at his young age so hes crazy talanted and im sad thats hes leaving but im not suprised.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dean will probably be in Springfield. So cool. We'll see what he can do. Don't think very highly of Blake though, but hopefully I'm wrong.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Is there any defensive prospect you like?

Yes. Many if we're saying all NHL teams. But on our team I like Reilly (since he still counts for at least another month or so), Heatherington, and I think Madaisky can be an NHLer down the line.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
My first quick thoughts about Lake Erie defensive pairs:
Falk-Kukan
Heatherington-Madaisky
Larkin-Weber
Perspective, but for Calder Cup PO is not enough, i think so.

boz

Jan 20, 2004
Kukan is a good get, followed him since his days with ZSC. Will help out the monsters no doubt.

btw pretty sure that picture is not Kukan.. looks like reto schappi to me.

viiggen

Sep 26, 2009
Luleå
Kukan will be at least a solid defender in the NHL, if he gets the confidence and lets lose he can do some nice stuffs!
As mention before, he is a young kid still.. His strenghts are skating, puckhandling and vision. Not the most physical or defensiveminded player. Need to work on being strong in front of net and the boards.

I should compare him with defenders like Ekman-Larsson, Josi and Erik Karlsson. He can go coast to coast with the puck.
I feel like he need a great confidence boost, and dont be closed down by the coaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad