GDT: Blue Jackets @ Red Wings - 7:00 EST

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I know blash said he thinks Abby's injury is short term but I hope they put him on LTIR so we can get bertuzzi up to the NHL. The only thing left for him to learn in the AHL is bad habits. Or I hope they waive some useless guy like Witkowski or Booth allowing Bert to come up and hopefully take a spot. If he'd just sit like those two, I guess keeping Bert down there is the best option unfortunately.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Thanks.

Sad showing by Abby. But I really don't like Brouwer throwing punches to the back of the head at a guy who's already down on his knees on the ice.

Yeah not cool from Brouwer. There's supposed to be a code to fighting and out of rage he lost control. I wish something could be done about that.

Columbus has lost three straight, it could be brutal tonight. Either way hoping for an intense game.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Columbus has lost three straight, it could be brutal tonight.

Had the exact same thought when I saw they're on losing streak -- looks like it's 4 straight. Columbus gonna be hungry. Expecting a loss because of that

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Thanks.

Sad showing by Abby. But I really don't like Brouwer throwing punches to the back of the head at a guy who's already down on his knees on the ice.
Yeah that is pretty gutless. And it's not like it was some rage induced deal that you could point to for him doing it, either.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah that is pretty gutless. And it's not like it was some rage induced deal that you could point to for him doing it, either.

If you're going to allow fighting, this stuff will happen. Abby stepped up for fisticuffs and until he's down, he's gonna get punched. I don't think Brouwer had to go so hard, either, that's true, but... no way for him to know if Abby isn't winding up for another swing after he regains balance.

But then again I'm one of those hockey fans that thinks the modern NHL game wouldn't change literally 1 inch if you removed fighting. This fight is a prime example. Big pile of why? It's two guys way behind the play dusting it up because they got tangled. And because it's Abby and not Nyquist getting tangled, gotta fight it out!

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Lines look pretty good. Helm should be with Larkin in place of Abby. Booth and Wilson on 4th line.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Last season 25% of games included a fight. It's almost half of 40% in 2009 but yeah the game wouldn't suffer if it was as low as 5%. Hockey has moved in the right direction but I doubt it's ever completely eliminated.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Well that sucked. Come one come all to Detroit to revitalize your team's woes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad