Post-Game Talk: Blue Jackets @ Rangers | 1/19/20

3 Stars

• Total voters

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Out coached in this one. 16-17-10 were horrible tonight. 93 was on his game and 89 was atrocious. Buchnevich with 5 turnovers in the D zone. Fast and Strome unable to keep up in the O zone allowing multiple turnovers and rush chances. Kreider was decent but Mika should have been put with Bread at some point in the game, if not for the last 10 minutes of the 3rd after the goal. Instead we got more Staal throwing the puck out of the zone and right back in leading to chance after chance after chance. We had Trouba who gets overwhelmed when we're hemmed in and a bunch of idiots like Howden and McKegg that can't produce offensively or help defensively. A tight game but a real highlight of all of our problems. I said this 2 hours ago that this was going to be a game where you wish you had a good 4th line depth when you lose the game.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Also, love Lemmy but lmao putting him on the first line. It's one thing to demote Buch, but maybe don't replace him with a rusty 3rd liner. Another bad game for DQ

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Columbus has to be the most boring team in the league but they getting it done

we had 0 pp and 0 bad calls really this game
they play like peewee swarm the puck style on steroids

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Overreactions aside, I guess everyone is going to ignore them playing with really good structure basically all night. They made two mistakes and CBJ made them pay for it twice.

That's the way it goes sometimes.
It was a good game.

It's more so that it was the usual f***ing suspects making the mistakes.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Overreactions aside, I guess everyone is going to ignore them playing with really good structure basically all night. They made two mistakes and CBJ made them pay for it twice.

That's the way it goes sometimes.
Yeah I though it was a pretty solid game, up until the final 10 minutes. Felt like we had some tasty opportunities that we couldn't actually generate a chance from. Ah well. We just won like this a few days ago so what can you do.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
“Most important game”....

yea ok thanks DQ, team look as unprepared as possible to play tonight. What an awful effort.

This team deserves everything they get. Infuriating to watch.

Reactions: leetch99 and Tob

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Strome gets treated and used like he's a solid two way center who plays a smart 200 foot game when in actuality he fancies himself a Panarin in the offensive zone and give next to no effort outside of it.

He's had multiple lazy back checks leading to goals against, multiple slow coverages and poor positioning in the defensive zone that lead to goals against and now he's made multiple bad line changes that have lead directly to goals against. Dude almost never gets held accountable and just keeps getting tons of time with the best player on the team and inflated point totals so he thinks he's better than he is and he certainly acts like it. It's a complete joke.

He should be healthy scratched on Tuesday, that's how bad that change was. 30 seconds left in the game and he goes to the bench on what would've been a 3 on 3 if he just stayed with his man and gifts them a 3 on 2 that they score on. Just absolutely abhorrent. Selfish, lazy and completely inexcusable.

Quinn calls this game the biggest game of the season and this born loser Strome does that with 30 seconds left? Get f***ed dude, go sign a stupid contract in Detroit or something.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
1. Shesterkin
2. Zibanejad
3. Skjei

lol @ people who think Trouba was excellent this game. If this is him at his best, that’s gonna be one ugly contract. We shouldn’t be too negative, we hung in there with the hottest team in the league and matched their game which is the polar opposite of our own.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Buxh is a stupid player, always looks like he's about to cry, and his "bad luck" is just really proof that he's not good enough.

Trade him for whatever at the deadline. He's not worth it. He's had chances and opportunities. He was penciled into the top line to start the season when Quinn came out and said during camp that "Buchnevich is on the top line" before we even had a preseason game. He's not in the long term plans of success like Kreider COULD be. He's young and a valuable asset for a contender needing offensive depth for a window run. It's over for Buchenvich in NY.

Reactions: CasusBelli and Ail

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Lots of panic in here I see... we were always going to be this team this year. We're performing better than I thought.

We need to move Kreider. We need to move Georgiev, it's clear Igor is ready to take over and Hank won't budge. But we should also move Buch if we can get a winger in return for someone and acquire another in the off-season. Draft with 2 first-rounders and a 2nd, unless we can sacrifice receiving a first for a better prospect.

edit: trading Strome means we have no centers. I have no idea where you ppl think a magic center is going to appear from. Zbad injured? Done. Smart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad