Pre-Game Talk: Blue Jackets @ Oilers - The Return (now official) - 02/02/2016 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hard to get too excited for this game when the only thing on the line is Auston Mathews and even then every team has an equal shot at him as far as I know.

Dreading the inevitable season-ending injury to McDavid after his Calder eligibility disappears for next year.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
Eberle may be one of those players(I believe so) that doesn't put himself in the positions we want when the season is lost. When we are competitive he will do all the things we ***** at him about. Playoff eberle is a sight I have been waiting to see for 6 years

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Eberle may be one of those players(I believe so) that doesn't put himself in the positions we want when the season is lost. When we are competitive he will do all the things we ***** at him about. Playoff eberle is a sight I have been waiting to see for 6 years

Thats not a good thing

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

So Ebs is just biding his time waiting for the Oilers to become competitive, and will then suddenly crank his game up to a new level and start winning battles and competing at a high level?

I'd say what you see is what you get, and that is a player who is not doing much to help win hockey games of he isn't putting up points.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So Ebs is just biding his time waiting for the Oilers to become competitive, and will then suddenly crank his game up to a new level and start winning battles and competing at a high level?

I'd say what you see is what you get, and that is a player who is not doing much to help win hockey games of he isn't putting up points.

This applies to almost every Oiler.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
This applies to almost every Oiler.

This applies to almost every forward in the NHL, actually.

Oilers fans need to stop being ridiculous with that criticism. Not every impact player is pushing the river, you NEED complimentary pieces. Scoring is legitimately the most important thing a skater can do and by far the hardest thing to find.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton

No, I'm saying eberle actually plays and isn't a fan so to him it matters if the team isn't in contention at game 81(just for example) and if they're not why would he risk INJURY going hard?

I'm not saying it's a good thing but it is eberle being self conscientious of his body and the risks involved. When the game matters he'll give it his all INJURY or not.

The other thing I suspect but can't confirm is he plays/comeback early from injuries and has to avoid certain contact to keep Playing but even playing like that he helps the team.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Almost as impressive as Yak's rookie season only that Yak's PPG pace was better and he was 2 yrs younger. Eberle played 2 seasons in junior after he got drafted. Yak played 0.

ooooh impressive , almost as impressive as Eberle almost having more goals in one season than yak has his whole career ??
44 vs 34 .... i can't believe this pure goal scorer isn't playing top line !!!! TMAC YOU SUCK AT COACHING

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
did u want to point out his success to me ?

Why would I need to? His short stint playing on his left wing showed that he wasn't comfortable. He's comfortable playing on his natural right wing. What are you even trying to argue for? :rolleyes:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
ooooh impressive , almost as impressive as Eberle almost having more goals in one season than yak has his whole career ??
44 vs 34 .... i can't believe this pure goal scorer isn't playing top line !!!! TMAC YOU SUCK AT COACHING

They're both good wingers.

Tbh, with the current team/coach/system...yak has looked like a the better player. You can attribute it to mcdavid I'd you like but I don't buy it.

We will see I guess. It would not surprise me to see ebs shine with mcd, either.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Why would I need to? His short stint playing on his left wing showed that he wasn't comfortable. He's comfortable playing on his natural right wing. What are you even trying to argue for? :rolleyes:

well i didn't say he didn't look more comfortable on the right , I'm saying he's not good no matter where he plays lol :rolleyes:

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta

Tbh, with the current team/coach/system...yak has looked like a the better player. You can attribute it to mcdavid I'd you like but I don't buy it.

We will see I guess. It would not surprise me to see ebs shine with mcd, either.

hahahahaha better at what exactly??? You're honestly going to say Yak has looked better than Eberle has ??

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

They're not.

One of these players is top-10 in their position offensively with many years of reliable, team leading production - the other is a middling second line winger who is approaching a do or die moment in his career. This is really as absurd to me as comparing Robert Nilsson to Ales Hemsky would have been.

Well, Nail played for about a month after McDavid went down and didn't piss a single drop that entire time, so I'm not sure I buy a six game sample where Nail may have been better shift by shift.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Yak was pretty much invisible without McDavid in the lineup though. In the time since McDavid was injured and then Klefbom, Eberle has been one of our better players. Sometimes he has been awful for stretches, but the same thing applies to absolutely everyone else except maybe Sekera.

I know that not every player meshed with McDavid so that is to Yakupov's credit. We should remember that about Yakupov too, and I'm sure that during normal line juggling we will see that combo again sooner rather than later. We just have to give Eberle a real shot with McDavid or else we're not using either player properly. We need to try every combo to see what works best.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
well i didn't say he didn't look more comfortable on the right , I'm saying he's not good no matter where he plays lol :rolleyes:

Yak's had his moments. Unless you forgot how he was the oilers best forward in some of the games after coming back from injury?

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
I've been looking forward to seeing Eberle with McDavid.
There is some insane skill on that line with those 2.

Ebs is worth squat., hopefully McJesus may showcase him, so someone out there may be interested in him and we dont see him with this org come Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad