Pre-Game Talk: Blue Jackets @ Oilers - The Return (now official) - 02/02/2016 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger*

What do you guys think the D pairings will look like? I'm really hoping to see Davidson back and Schultz in the press box but unfortunately I doubt that's going to happen, especially the later. I also think that it would be good for Nurse to go back down to Bakersfield for the rest of the season since he's had his ice time gradually cut back with his play dropping off the last while. He may be the odd man out with Reinhart being recalled this morning.

Sekera - Fayne
Davidson - Gryba
Reinhart - Clendening

???

Word is that Klefbom will also be back in the next week or two.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

giphy.gif

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I'm setting my expectations for McDavid at the level he played at during the first few games of the season - good, not great, perhaps too timid to grab control of things. He should round into form 3-5 games from now like he did in October.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Do you guys remember when Crosby returned from injury that one time against NYI and absolutely lit it up? That's what I expect.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Hall Drai Purcell
Pouliot Mcdavid Yak
Kassian Letestu Eberle
Pak Hendricks korps

that's my guess for the lineup, although I could see Eberle and Yak being swapped.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I am shocked to see/hear so much about Gaudreau but nothing about Hall during the All star game. Hall played fantastic in the All Star tourney and got zero recognition.

I've always believed the anti-Oilers bias wasn't really that bad but the more I see stuff like this the more I realize it is real, it is bad, and it's extremely lame.

Oilers typically come out flat after any kind of break so hopefully Hall's ASG energy and McDavid + coming back lifts the team to a win.

The more I watch I'm convinced it comes from the CBC media personalities, who dislike the Oilers (outside of Friedman and a few others). Hall received plenty of praise from the NBCSN crew, matching that of his linemate Gaudreau.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Hall Drai Purcell
Pouliot Mcdavid Yak
Kassian Letestu Eberle
Pak Hendricks korps

that's my guess for the lineup, although I could see Eberle and Yak being swapped.

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Kassian-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-Letestu-Yakupov
Hendricks-Lander-Korpi

That's what I want to see.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The more I watch I'm convinced it comes from the CBC media personalities, who dislike the Oilers (outside of Friedman and a few others). Hall received plenty of praise from the NBCSN crew, matching that of his linemate Gaudreau.

Yep, I always hear more praises from other broadcasters that call the game. Romanuk, Hughson, Johnson, Healy, Krypeos, Cox, and Remenda always crap on the oilers. You think Remenda would be another team's commentator by the amount of times he constantly praises other teams and their players. Don't forget about him calling the oilers the sharks TWICE.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Hall-Drai-Purcell
Kassian-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-Letestu-Yakupov
Hendricks-Lander-Korpi

That's what I want to see.

Sounds good to me, let Kassian do the digging for McDavid, and I'd like to see what he can do with an elite center.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Ill be there tomorrow for sure

Last game I went to is when he injured it. Hopefully im not a jinx.

Groundhog day so knowing our luck I expect someone to go on the IR for 6 more weeks. Maybe McDavid, maybe Hall. :cry:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Let us remember several years ago when the Oilers went from bottom feeders to almost making the playoffs on the back of (something like a) 17-3 run. I know I'm not the only one who is thinking about that.

I'm thinking Ottawa's last year, we don't even have to do as well as they did

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Bold Prediction:

Morning skate has McDavid skating with Eberle instead of Yakupov. GDT has more than 5 posts whining about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad