Pre-Game Talk: Blue Jackets @ Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFan64

Sep 17, 2009
I hope they come out flying sine the Jackets recently wiped the floor with the Habs yet we lost to the Habs.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I hope they come out flying sine the Jackets recently wiped the floor with the Habs yet we lost to the Habs.

They wiped the floor with the Habs backup. That team is Shea Weber and Carey Price. Nothing else. Hell, we almost beat them with a 4th string AHL netminder, and Price was playing. Can't wait to face those frauds again.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Jackets played last night and travelled, no excuses for a loss. Go B's.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Still sour from that 3-2 loss the other night. I friggan hate not getting points out of games we played well in, and for a moment it looked like we started to shake the monkey'a fingers loose too...

Let's see some guys contribute that haven't in a minute. Bergeron Backes and Czarnik with goals

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
They wiped the floor with the Habs backup. That team is Shea Weber and Carey Price. Nothing else. Hell, we almost beat them with a 4th string AHL netminder, and Price was playing. Can't wait to face those frauds again.

Agreed. If it wasn't for Price, they'd be a bad team.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Agreed. If it wasn't for Price, they'd be a bad team.

That Habs lead the league for shots against at 34.4.

Bruins at 20th overall at 29.2.

You can't be out shot every game and expect to win the world of statistics says so.

Go Bruins time to fill the net.

Also Bruins PP sits at 14.6% and a more startling stat they are better then the Capitals who are at 13.2%.
23rd and 24th overall.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Yeah but that's like saying if the B's didn't have crappy defensemen, they'd be a good team...:naughty:

I actually think the defense has played a lot better than we thought they would, almost to a man. The only guy that hasn't pulled his weight this year is Krug and even he has looked better the past couple of games.

It's still early in the year and obviously an upgrade over McQuaid on the 2nd pairing would be preferable, but right now defense isn't the weak link of the team.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Goals for per game 23rd overall (2.38)
Goals against per game 18th overall (2.69)
Power play 23rd
Penalty kill 13th
Shots per game 6th
Shots against per game 11th best
Face off % 4th

Same old story they are getting the shots just not the high quality shots.

Lots of shots, not a tonne against but their goal scoring is below their goals against average. Not a good sign.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I will be in attendance tonight! First game of the year. I expect a bounce back performance against a team we already beat at their place. Columbus has been playing well as of late though.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I actually think the defense has played a lot better than we thought they would, almost to a man. The only guy that hasn't pulled his weight this year is Krug and even he has looked better the past couple of games.

It's still early in the year and obviously an upgrade over McQuaid on the 2nd pairing would be preferable, but right now defense isn't the weak link of the team.

True. Right now that is:

-the weak PP and lack of scoring of the expected one (Krejci-Bergy-Krug-Backes)
-The 3rd line
-Backup G (0-5-0)

Still 7-6-0. Let's make it 8-6-0 tonight!

Go B's!

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
For those that watched the home open CBJ vs. Bruins, I will say that the CBJ have been looking better as the season has progressed. That first game was a train wreck from a CBJ perspective.

Dubinsky and Jones are out with injuries. That mean Jenner moves to center, Milano draws in as a winger and Prout is playing on D. Saad was in Tort's doghouse before the game last night, but did OK then.

So, I'm not sure about the forwards line for tonight.

Werenski - Savard
Murray - Johnson
Nuttivara - Prout
for D with Bob in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad