GDT: Blue Jackets @ Blackhawks 7:30 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Artemi Panarin Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The obsession to reacquire Panarin by folks here is a bit absurd considering the Hawks are so weak defensively (forwards and defensemen). If Hawks are going to pay big bucks to another player I'd look more towards a solid Dman - Trouba comes to mind.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
The obsession to reacquire Panarin by folks here is a bit absurd considering the Hawks are so weak defensively (forwards and defensemen). If Hawks are going to pay big bucks to another player I'd look more towards a solid Dman - Trouba comes to mind.
I am not paying over 8 million for a guy who doesn’t put up points and giving up 4 draft picks to acquire him.

Besides, with Laine being garbage, they’ll re-sign him no problem.

Edit: I take back the points part, he’s stepped it up, but it is still not realistic.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also Caps + Pens won SC recently with top 10 offenses and average defenses

So bringing in Panarin and letting process play out on D (Or maybe look to trade for an upgrade at some point) >>>>>>>>> Trouba nonsense

Reactions: Rooh

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Seriously, When was the last time a team went all the way playing a poor defensive game? Even Hawks back in 2010, who were never out of a game because they were strong on offense, had a decent defensive game.

If you want entertainment, sure, go for Panarin and we can all sit back and enjoy some high scoring games in the RS, only to get snuffed out in the playoffs. Sound familiar?

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Seriously, When was the last time a team went all the way playing a poor defensive game? Even Hawks back in 2010, who were never out of a game because they were strong on offense, had a decent defensive game.

If you want entertainment, sure, go for Panarin and we can all sit back and enjoy some high scoring games in the RS, only to get snuffed out in the playoffs. Sound familiar?

Defense is a team game. If everyone buys in you can make it to the cup final with Derek Engelland playing top 4 minutes.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

2009 Pens were trash defensively and in net in 09 playoffs and won on strength of offense

Please to explain how paying a kings ransom for a defender who is going to ask for moon in contract talks and has only played 1 full season in his career is a positive?

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Defense is a team game. If everyone buys in you can make it to the cup final with Derek Engelland playing top 4 minutes.

And that's where JC comes in. I can't expect it this year. He was put in an impossible situation. But next season he needs to engrave his signature on this team. He also needs to work with Stan to bring in some players who are strong on the puck with talent. No easy task, I might add but the charmin soft play needs to go once and for all.

Reactions: iiStylesx

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
And that's where JC comes in. I can't expect it this year. He was put in an impossible situation. But next season he needs to engrave his signature on this team. He also needs to work with Stan to bring in some players who are strong on the puck with talent. No easy task, I might add but the charmin soft play needs to go once and for all.

I guess we will wait and see. Hopefully we get some young guys battling for spots out of camp and this team has some more fire in the bottom 6. The defense will remain close to the same though as there aren’t any free agent D worth signing.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Once I saw bigfoot riding on a unicorn ... but it may have been John Scott driving a snowmobile.
You might think there's no such thing as JohnScott...

images

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Panarin - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Kahun
Saad - Anisimov - Kurashev
Cagiulla -Barratt - Kampf
Hayden/Sikura

I am f***ing obsessed with that group...

still could go out and get a dman for $4 mil or so..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad