Post-Game Talk: Blue Jackets 7 Oilers 3

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
One of the most disappointing performances of the year.

Makes McDavid hitting 40 goals and 100(+) points feel not quite as special.

Really terrible performance on fan appreciation night. Very harsh reminder that this team is awful. Even with McDavid.

Most of this year I've blamed bad games on a bad roster. Tonight was a bad effort. From the captain on down unfortunately.

Reactions: Pomee and Aerrol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
279uf8.jpg

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
McDavid was dazzling.

Whatever, gets us closer to the Hughes, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Bouchard range in the draft.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Remember when I and several others were saying Chiarelli should sign Vanek every week of the summer because he can shoot the puck? Yeah. Thanks for using that cap space Chia.

Reactions: Summary and Aerrol

Oil75

Feb 26, 2017
This teams needs a new makeup in the leadership group (this is on Chiapet) - zero push back even on a fan appreciation night. The entire coaching staff needs to be fired, all the talking heads saying give him 20 games next year is huge mistake. At this point there cannot be anything off the table except Mcdavid. Talbot is a mystery and in a contract year if he doesnt come out of the gate we'll be looking for a new goaler. Who would have thought we would be here after last year...Freaking torture chamber of a team!!

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Playing the League Art Ross leader 17 mins and benching him for an entire Powerplay in the third. **** this ****

It turned into a blowout. Every coach in the league is going to give their top players reduced minutes in a game like this.

Lets be honest, it's not like McDavid's line bothered to show up tonight in the defensive end. They were on their for what... 4 goals against? Or was it 5?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
you’d think playing being down for 3/4 of the game you’d shorten the bench and play McDavids line more... instead he plays under 18 minutes (updated now to 17min 25 seconds), the least amount I’ve ever seen him play.

#justTmacthings​

Or maybe make it look like you're kinda trying to coach the PP instead of rolling 4 lines ON THE FREAKING POWERPLAY.

The only solace I can take is that maybe it's an indication the coaching staff has been informed they're toast.

Reactions: PulYou

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
This teams needs a new makeup in the leadership group (this is on Chiapet) - zero push back even on a fan appreciation night. The entire coaching staff needs to be fired, all the talking heads saying give him 20 games next year is huge mistake. At this point there cannot be anything off the table except Mcdavid. Talbot is a mystery and in a contract year if he doesnt come out of the gate we'll be looking for a new goaler. Who would have thought we would be here after last year...Freaking torture chamber of a team!!

Mark Letestu 6x6 will do

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
It turned into a blowout. Every coach in the league is going to give their top players reduced minutes in a game like this.

Lets be honest, it's not like McDavid's line bothered to show up tonight in the defensive end. They were on their for what... 4 goals against? Or was it 5?

Other than the Goal that went directly off of RNH not sure what the forwards could have done to stop the tire fire know as the Oilers D Corps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad