Blue cards to be introduced for football sin-bins

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Make an already grey sport with incomponent refs, even greyer, lol.

I totally understand though that dissent and waving fake cards don't justify a yellow, but wtf are cynical tackles?

Reactions: Gecklund

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think football fans across all leagues will definitely trust the refs to make consistent and fair calls with these blue cards.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Make an already grey sport with incomponent refs, even greyer, lol.

I totally understand though that dissent and waving fake cards don't justify a yellow, but wtf are cynical tackles?
marco-materazzi.gif

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The idea that referees, who rarely award yellow cards for dissent now and are inconsistent at best at awarding yellows for professional fouls, will suddenly start awarding these blue cards is laughable.

Referees already have the tools to stop dissent and rampant professional fouls, they just choose not to use them. Giving them more tools isn't the answer, empowering/training them to use the ones they have is.

Reactions: BMann

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Ifab are useless. Officials just need to enforce the rules. Send off a few for dissent or simulation and that will soon stop.

You can guarantee teams will.tryvand exploit blue cards often in a negative way and we get more stodgy football. Clarification of the offside rule, retrospective punishment for simulation and referee intimidation us what Ifab ought to focus on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad