Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Probably never should have even come down to putting it on his foot. Putting it in Prukop's hands while up by 9 was a huge blunder. Hopefully the coaches are asked who made that call.

We%27re_All_Trying_To_Find_The_Guy_Who_Did_This_banner_1.jpg

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yes Legghio will wear the goat horns tonight but many other should be wearing them too plus a few coaches
Don't disagree, but championship teams need to have 100% confidence in their kicker. Legishit is not accurate, or long or a good punter, or good at kickoffs. Not entirely his fault, but a championship team needs to be not terrible at such a crucial position.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
There's no doubt we lost this game on mulstiple fronts. I have no f***ing clue what the deal was with that Prokup play. THat was assinine. But,converts are as close as you can get to gimme points in this game and 2 points would have given us the win today.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
the offense played poorly at times. We had a questionable play call with Prukop passing when we should have been managing the football. Legghio gave up field position all night and missed an extra point. We were Not going to be winning a championship playing that type of football. An outlier for this team but the Argos came to play and the Bombers looked like they were passengers at times.

None

Feb 22, 2012
There's no doubt we lost this game on mulstiple fronts. I have no f***ing clue what the deal was with that Prokup play. THat was assinine. But,converts are as close as you can get to gimme points in this game and 2 points would have given us the win today.

XP stopped being a gimme point when they pushed it back 20 yards :dunno:

When they really matter though the kicker needs to be making them.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
Argos game planned well against Collaros - they shut down short yardage plays, beat the Bombers oline weak links all game long, and forced Pierce to call 10yd+ throwing plays for a hobbled Collaros and then a terrible one with Prukop coming in extra cold. And even then, they still could've won (although it got slimmer once Jeffcoat couldn't come back in). But too many mistakes today, none more so than on offence, which is extra disappointing because they were a well-oiled machine all year. Disappointing end to a marvelous season
It was disappointing. I thought Buck's play calling was absolutely bizarre at times (Did he out-think himself?) and Legghio was his usual self. (There were all sorts of folks who, pre-game, thought that he might be a difference-maker.) He was short on kickoffs, had not one of his better punting days, and a missed convert (He and Bede are actually the worst kickers in the league by many metrics.) I'm hoping that there's more competition at his position next year. I'll be back. Now let's hope that the Jets can keep it together.

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
the offense played poorly at times. We had a questionable play call with Prukop passing when we should have been managing the football. Legghio gave up field position all night and missed an extra point. We were Not going to be winning a championship playing that type of football. An outlier for this team but the Argos came to play and the Bombers looked like they were passengers at times.
Their Jekyll and Hyde performance tonight remind me of our bipolar Jets, literally.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Don't disagree, but championship teams need to have 100% confidence in their kicker. Legishit is not accurate, or long or a good punter, or good at kickoffs. Not entirely his fault, but a championship team needs to be not terrible at such a crucial position.
I can agree with this but I just don't think that it's just Legghio that should wear the goat horns when Collaros had such a miserable game

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Bede was 3 for 6 and also missed an extra point so ppl can stop blaming the kicker. Is there some rule that says you can't blame Collaros?

What if we look at overall performance relative to the rest of the kickers in the league for the season? Can we blame the kicker then?

Reactions: KingBogo

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Make your 2 converts and we win. That is the bare minimum of your job. Never mind the short little shit kickoffs and baby punts.
I'm a big defender of the single/rouge but Bede's sailed-through-the-end-zone missed-FG single with no chance to return that put them up 4-0 isn't the best advertisement for the concept. Bede is great at kicking but really bad at aiming so he booted that one a country mile, just wide.

We were giving them way too good field position all night with those high-school punts and letting their returner get good yardage up the sidelines. MBT didn't have to do much, and in fact didn't do much, but he didn't need to thanks to us.

Hopefully the 1958-59-61-62 pattern will repeat itself.

I'm in Toronto and heard a conspicuous lack of cheering, horn-honking etc. tonight. I guess the whole city is still in stunned silence.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Wow some people should dial it down a bit. I sure hope Leggs doesn't get a pile of manure dumped on his lawn.

Unfortunately most of the guys picked the worst day to have their worst game of the season. Kinda the opposite of 2019.

I've been cheering for this team for over 5 decades now. I will still take this over the Joe Mack years.

Go Blue! 3 cups in 4 years is still ok!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad