Post-Game Talk: Bloojackets @ Caps - Nuff that ****, Cbus (7pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
giphy.gif

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
They beat us twice so far. I don't even think they are that talented but have a good coach who always has our number.

36kap36

Jan 21, 2011
Ohio
They beat us twice so far. I don't even think they are that talented but have a good coach who always has our number.

Not much of a point in denying talent once a streak like this one has happened. They ARE a good team, albeit a likely over-performing one.

If we come out like we did Tuesday and get into a shootout, they will win. They score in bunches, for whatever reason. What gives me hope is that they have not won their last few games convincingly, outside of the Minnesota game on NYE. This team's streak will come to an end in the next two games, so why not tonight?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I wonder if anyone will get the massively obscure reference in the thread title...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
i googled nuff that and this thread came up.

kloo: I doubt you'll be able to google it since the spelling is slightly different to prevent that. But if you get the spelling right on one of the words and replace the **** you'll see it immediately

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
No idea how the Jackets are where they are. They have a 7-8th seed roster, tops.

Let's **** on their parade like right buttholes.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Prediction: Caps win the game on a bull **** call. Torts complains to the media, and Trotz tells him to quit whining. That would be karma.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It's pretty much the same roster that had them in the bottom of the lottery last season

They had significant injury issues last year, including multiple among their goalies ranks (Bobrovsky missed 35 games, McElhinney missed 29). They are one of the healthier teams this year, and are now getting outstanding goaltending from Bobrovsky.

Also, they added Werenski this year (pretty huge addition) and Seth Jones has continued to improve.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Bura talking trash, Caps excited to play. THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE

Yea maybe they need more t-shirt to express how they feel. I expect the Jackets to be all over them from the start. Only one of these teams gets up for games like this.

I hope I am wrong.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The giant numbers posted by a lot of their forwards are, in part, due to some ridiculous shooting percentages right now. Wennberg is shooting 17.8% (8.8% career). Atkinson is shooting 17.4% (11.4% career). Gagner is shooting 16.7% (10.2% career). Harntell is shooting 17.3% (11.7% career). Saad and Foligno are also shooting above their career marks (although not a career high for Foligno). Even Seth Jones is shooting 11.4% (5.4% career).

That's not to say Wennberg hasn't taken significant steps forward. He's definitely a better player this year. But his numbers are inflated a bit not only because of his unsustainable shooting percentage, but the general ridiculous shooting percentage on their team. 50% of his points have come on the powerplay, where he's playing with Atkinson, Gagner, and Foligno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad