Speculation: BLOG: Brace for busy deadline with 25+ trades, 60+ players moving

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013
Although many of these trades are unlikely, I had fun reading it. Got a good laugh at Ward for Kane. Everyone has their own opinion on this stuff

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Fixed to Ruin and Paralyzer, if you did have your own "fancy" website and did spend a few evenings compiling a list of 24 potential trades that you wanted feedback on, and if you were a "respected media member", would you want to post your link on Page 8 of a random proposal/rumours thread or would you want to create a separate link for your efforts?

That's like telling LMHF#1 that his game recaps belong in the GDT not their own thread. Or that BlueBullet's draft rankings belong in the generic Draft thread. When people go above and beyond, I think it is deserving of its own thread. Otherwise, let's just have 3 running threads on here: Game Stuff, Prospect Stuff and Miscellaneous Stuff and everybody can post within 1 of the 3 categories. Maybe that would be more to your liking?

If it was something unique such as advanced stats showing something interesting (mchockey79 comes to mind), in depth breakdowns of the goalies that played for the oilers this season, breakdown of why the PP isn't working ect. then yes i would want that in its own thread.

But generic news about the Oilers that is covered in multiple threads and fantasy trade proposals don't deserve a specific thread when they have a place in the Trade Proposals section on this site as well as the proposals thread on HFOil.

That's more than enough in my opinion. We already had another blogger post his trade targets a week or so ago. Now every blogger deserves their own thread because maybe they put in a little extra work? No i don't agree.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Is there any way we could make a trade with Buffalo and get Myers and Stewart? It would cost a 1st round pick and probably Gagner but it would be worth it. Buffalo might as well pitch a tent on the podium for the next 2 years, they have so many picks

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
The Cam Ward for Evander Kane trade is just bizarre.

Yes, the Jets would like to upgrade in net. But unless they're moving on Pavelec they can not take on Ward's $6.3 mil salary.

Ples the reason Ward would be willing to waive his no trade for Winnipeg? "Ward is friends with Captain Andrew Ladd, and so are their wives". Mighty thin reasoning when, if Ward wants to waive a full no-trade clause, he can afford to be quite picky.

And not even starting on why the Jets would give up on Kane. He is not in anyone's doghouse...

Besides, that's not a trade deadline deal. Talent for talent gets traded in the offseason. Trade deadline deals have an obvious buyer and seller.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Is there any way we could make a trade with Buffalo and get Myers and Stewart? It would cost a 1st round pick and probably Gagner but it would be worth it. Buffalo might as well pitch a tent on the podium for the next 2 years, they have so many picks

I doubt Buff wants to move Myers. They are rebuilding and he is 23. It is like asking us to trade Hall. I think Erhoff will be on the move though. I think they will get a offer too good to refuse for him. A offer we don't necessarily want to match.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Respected media member or not, you're setting yourself up for criticism if the bulk of your article is a list of extremely unlikely trade proposals. Even ****ing Eklund knows not to go there.

While I'm far from being published in any fancy hockey magazine, I'm pretty certain I can slap together a handful of potential trades without racking my brain too much. I would assume every single one of those hockey analysts you see on SNet, TSN or CBC would love to own a perfect track record. Which is why you generally don't see any of them throwing all of their eggs into one basket, as you've done here.

Edit: And yes, Cam Ward for Evander Kane is insane.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
This is worse than a lot of the garbage that goes on in HF Trade Proposals

-Carolina trades Cam Ward to Winnipeg for Evander Kane.
-Buffalo trades Tyler Myers to Calgary for Sven Baertschi, David Jones and a third-round pick in 2015.
-Edmonton trades Ales Hemsky, Nick Schultz and Ilya Bryzgalov to Washington for Michal Neuvirth, Dmitry Orlov and a first-round pick in 2014.
-Calgary trades Mike Cammalleri to Pittsburgh for Simon Despres and a first-round pick in 2014.

Just wtf?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Cap is going up
Teams are allowed to eat upto 1/2 of cap hit of contracts.

Could be more trades to be made... but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
NHL Trade Deadline: Predictions Go Bust, Blow Up In My Face

OK, here I am. Come throw your dung. I’m ready to wear it. Well, kinda ready . . .

Truth is, by and large, I missed the boat with my trade-deadline predictions. This comes as no surprise to most of you, who have been poking fun at my expense ever since I shared my proposed deals last Friday. In the fallout, I failed to predict even a single trade completely correct — that’s right, I went 0-for-24.

Read more at: http://larry-fisher.com/2014/03/06/trade-deadline-predictions-go-bust-blow-up-in-my-face/

oiLowe

Jan 14, 2009
Calgree
OK, here I am. Come throw your dung. I’m ready to wear it. Well, kinda ready . . .

Truth is, by and large, I missed the boat with my trade-deadline predictions. This comes as no surprise to most of you, who have been poking fun at my expense ever since I shared my proposed deals last Friday. In the fallout, I failed to predict even a single trade completely correct — that’s right, I went 0-for-24.

Read more at: http://larry-fisher.com/2014/03/06/trade-deadline-predictions-go-bust-blow-up-in-my-face/

Nobody wants to read more, just stop...

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
I'm glad you know everybody on the Oilers board and their opinion oiLowe. Believe it or not, I've received a few private messages of support from people who do enjoy the links I've shared here over the last few months. Further, I thought you guys would at least get a kick out of this tongue-in-cheek attempt to "feel shame" over my trade-deadline predictions turning into a (predictable?) epic fail.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad