blockbuster offer: thoughts?

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Money league, so big decision.
is this a no brainer, accept? or no brainer, decline? orrrr fair all around.

just got offered:

Kane
Scheifle

for

Mcdavid
Tarasenko

obviously mcdavid in the offer screams ‘no way’ but PK is stellar this year too.

Bolt

Nov 15, 2020
It really depends on what the rest of your team looks like and points vs CATS league.

I personally wouldn’t trade McDavid and Tarasenko is at his lowest value right now; not knowing what he can do.

Kane is hot right now and will be a Top 10 player the rest of the way but I think it’s fair to say how much better McDavid has been at fantasy overall this year.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Im assuming this is a 1 year league with lots of peripheral categories like hits and PIM's because nobody in their right mind trades McDavid in a keeper league.

in terms of most leagues playoff schedules....

Week 1. Edmonton 2 games, Winnipeg 3 games, San jose 3 games, St Louis 3 games
Week 2: Edmonton 4 games, Winnipeg 3, San jose 4, St Louis 4
Week 3 Finals: Edmonton 3 games, Winnipeg 4, San jose 4, St Louis 4

Assuming you go all the way that's 9 Games with McDavid, 11 games with tarasenko, 11 games with kane, and 10 games with Scheifele.

If the league counts Peripheral stats, the more games played the better. A player may score 2 points per game on average, but if he only plays 2 games that week, its 4 points. If another guy scores 1 point per game on average and plays 4 games, he is even money. MORE so if hits, blocks, PIM's , shots etc are counted

Need to see Stat categories before I even go further than that.

Reactions: Castle8130

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Im assuming this is a 1 year league with lots of peripheral categories like hits and PIM's because nobody in their right mind trades McDavid in a keeper league.

in terms of most leagues playoff schedules....

Week 1. Edmonton 2 games, Winnipeg 3 games, San jose 3 games, St Louis 3 games
Week 2: Edmonton 4 games, Winnipeg 3, San jose 4, St Louis 4
Week 3 Finals: Edmonton 3 games, Winnipeg 4, San jose 4, St Louis 4

Assuming you go all the way that's 9 Games with McDavid, 11 games with tarasenko, 11 games with kane, and 10 games with Scheifele.

If the league counts Peripheral stats, the more games played the better. A player may score 2 points per game on average, but if he only plays 2 games that week, its 4 points. If another guy scores 1 point per game on average and plays 4 games, he is even money. MORE so if hits, blocks, PIM's , shots etc are counted

Need to see Stat categories before I even go further than that.
63DFE3EB-D26F-436A-A180-34683DD6CDB6.jpeg

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Are all those categories goalie categories? or just the bolded black ones?

I mean, hell, even if it is just the bolded black ones, you are telling me 40% of categories are tied up in 3 or 4 goalies?

That makes a lot more sense. Patrick Kane. i was thinking Evander Kane LOL. Which is why I put out the sharks schedule in my calculations

Anyways, on to the skater categories. McDavid still is the best skater in the league by a bit. The ONLY thing he doesn't get you is a stellar +/- and blocks. And his +/- is still in the positive. He is tied for 2nd in the league with 15 goals. He leads the league in assists with 28. He leads the league in PPP with 18. his 101 shots is 2nd in the league and well ahead of 3rd, and he converts on his shots far more than the #1 guy Tkachuk.

Scheifele is good in terms of points, but still well behind. 15 blocks, but less than half the PPP and SOG and lower +/-
Kane is very close but still behind Mcdavid in every category except +/- and blocked shots and then only a smidge better.

My best guess with those stats is, McDavid should not be in trade conversation unless the return is Vasilievsky

Now if Tarasenko absolutely sucks now, it would be a winning trade. But we don't know yet. Tarasenko himself could easily match Scheifele's output if he returns to form. Scheifele would have a slight edge in points, but would lose SOG handily to full strength Tarasenko

I say no and keep McDavid.

Chicago plays 3/3/3 in the fantasy playoff rounds, 3 against Nashville week 1, a mix of Florida and Tampa week 2 and 3 against Carolina week finals
Winnipeg plays 3/3/4, first 3 vs Toronto, then 2 vs Edmonton and 1 vs montreal, before the finals week of 3 Ottawa and 1 Calgary

Chicago has been feasting on Detroit and Columbus in this division. And guess who they are not playing during playoff weeks? Kane has 8 points in 6 games against Detroit and 13 points in 6 games against Columbus. Nashville has actually shut Kane down and he has yet to register a point against them this year and he plays them week 1 all week. Week 2 is Tampa and Florida and he does not light them up like he does Det/CBJ

Winnipeg? Well, say goodbye to your +/- that week vs Toronto in high scoring affairs. And if you make it to week 2, you start 2 games vs Edmonton. Fun Fact, McDavid has had a multi point game every game this season vs the jets. 1 goal and 8 assists in 4 games lol.

Granted, McDavid has not lit Montreal on fire either and he plays them twice in week 1 and only plays 2 games week 1. but Montreal has gotten progressively worse since game 20 this season and he hasn't played them since they slumped and fired Julien.

Reactions: I3LI3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad