Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Red Wings > #1, Larkin, Nielsen, Abdelkader
Red Wings < #38, Eichel, Mittelstadt

Canucks > Horvat, Boeser, Miller
Canucks < #1, #7, Cozens, Nielsen, Abdelkader, Okposo

Sabres > #7, #38, Eichel, Cozens, Mittelstadt, Okposo
Sabres < Larkin, Horvat, Boeser, Miller

Detroit get a franchise center to build around while also dumping Nielsen and Abdelkader

Vancouver pair Lafrieniere with Pettersson, add Cozens to be their 2C of the future, while also picking up the #7 pick

Buffalo come away with arguably the best top 6 in the league while also dumping Okposo's contract

EDIT: Added Abdelkader going to Vancouver, and Mitteldstadt going to Detroit to balance things out

Last edited:

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
lol how many of these proposals are there going to be? There isn't a limit on how many you can post in a week?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Yeah I don't want to give up all that for Lafrieniere, even though he may turn out to be a franchise player, Horvat, Boeser and Miller is waaay too much to give up.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Yeah I don't want to give up all that for Lafrieniere, even though he may turn out to be a franchise player, Horvat, Boeser and Miller is waaay too much to give up.

You're also getting Cozens and #7, so:

Lafrieniere, Cozens, #7 vs Horvat, Miller, Boeser

Considering Horvat and Miller have only 3 years left until UFA, I'd much rather build around Pettersson, Hughes, Lafrieniere, Cozens, and whatever the #7 pick produces

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
You're also getting Cozens and #7, so:

Lafrieniere, Cozens, #7 vs Horvat, Miller, Boeser

Considering Horvat and Miller have only 3 years left until UFA, I'd much rather build around Pettersson, Hughes, Lafrieniere, Cozens, and whatever the #7 pick produces
Value wise the deal is probably fine - you'll have a hard time finding a Canuck fan that wants to set the rebuild back 3-4 years since we've been a tire fire for basically 6 years already. Besides if we give Jim Benning $16.5 million in cap space we'll be stuck with long term $8.25million dollar deals for Wayne Simmonds and Matt Belesky - also known as "foundational players"

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Value wise the deal is probably fine - you'll have a hard time finding a Canuck fan that wants to set the rebuild back 3-4 years since we've been a tire fire for basically 6 years already. Besides if we give Jim Benning $16.5 million in cap space we'll be stuck with long term $8.25million dollar deals for Wayne Simmonds and Matt Belesky - also known as "foundational players"

I have the Canucks taking on Nielsen, Abdelkader, and Okposo, so they're not getting any additional cap space

With that said, it's not about what Benning would do

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
detroit easily says no. sure eichel is nice but the difference between him and lafierene isn't larkin. also 32/mittelstadt don't do much for detroit.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I have the Canucks taking on Nielsen, Abdelkader, and Okposo, so they're not getting any additional cap space

That makes the deal infinitely worse for the Canucks - 3 dumps in their 30's would require assets to acquire I would value the 3 dumps at Cozens and the #7, so the Canucks 3 players get them the #1 pick. I think the Canucks would rather stab themselves in the eye repeatedly with a hot fork.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

:laugh: :laugh: Realistically there's zero chance of either Nielsen or Abdelkader waiving their NTCs Vancouver Not happening. Detroit says it's pure trash. No way i'd move Larkin and Lafreniere alone for Eichel.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
That makes the deal infinitely worse for the Canucks - 3 dumps in their 30's would require assets to acquire I would value the 3 dumps at Cozens and the #7, so the Canucks 3 players get them the #1 pick. I think the Canucks would rather stab themselves in the eye repeatedly with a hot fork.

Vancouver would be rebuilding around guys that are on their ELC, so taking on cap dumps isn't crippling since they'll be off the books by the time extensions kick in for their young core

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
How many trade proposals are you allowed to make that are the same in different posts? Can moderators stop this person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad