Blasts from the Past Threads

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That was a big one too. Hossa's gloves. Chara almost beheads Pacioretty...

On the mass EUPHORIA front, playoffs wins VS Boston nothwithstanding, the Kovalev trade was something. On the media side of things that was as excited as I heard Ron Fournier being for the time I did listen to him. And I was over the moon too, f***ing KOVALEV for Jozef Balej and a pick? Amazing. I'm still waiting for somebody to be better than him with us, and I can only now see how that will happen with either Suzuki or KK.

Habs lucked out a little bit because what I've heard is that the Rangers had their choice between plekanec and balej. They went with balej.

Plekanec then turned out to be kovalev's linemate in his 84 point season.

Of course, the Rangers then shafted the habs a few years later with the Gomez trade.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Looking at the Drouin thread...

It never made sense to acquire this player. He had character issues since the beginning. Some posters mentioned he was a hothead in junior.

We lost a Top 4 LD for that.

If you want to put the screws to the habs organization, offer them a talented French Canadian player. You'll get something good out
of them.

It's not quite savard for Chelios, but it's the same theme.

One exception that came to my head was the turgeon deal, where I think the habs did well, but I think that was a milbury deal, and there was only one milbury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad