Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you got others... post the link here. I know I'm board and this is fun to look back. Lets not try to belittle each other too much boys and girls!

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Oof... that pick surprised everyone, especially a gamble for a high 2nd round pick with many other picks coming later. Some users had great vision though :laugh:

michel Bergeron or whoever it was crying on tv was a sight to see haha
I think it was Demers. That happened a few months before I joined, but I remember the "scandal". I was working in a nightclub that was popular with many Habs players back then. I don't think the KoBros came to our place though, or not often at least.

Only found 110% so far (was Demers already in L'antichambre?):

Bonus: While searching for a Demers video on February 19th 2009, I found another video... remember this? :help:

Last edited:
Reactions: ArtPeur

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I remember staying up late on the Habs mIRC chat that we had going at the time, and when the news came out I just laughed and went to bed. So dumb.
Wasn't here to live that with you guys but I was watching Antichambre live when it happened. The pay-off was so underwhelming. I thought a player did heavy drugs and killed a toddler or something. In the end it was Hamrlik and the Kost brothers chilling with some mafia dudes. Who the f*** cares. "Darkest day in Habs history" is the Roy trade or the Richard riot, something like that. Not some east-european dudes hanging out with sketchy east-european dudes.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The thread announcing the trade for Scott Gomez was pretty epic also.

The news broke out that Gomez was traded for Higgins and people were upset. Finally a few minutes later it was announced that Ryan McDonagh was part of the trade and all hell broke lose. :laugh:

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
There was this game like maybe 12-13 years ago where the habs beat the penguins in a marathon shootout that markov ended.

His celebration went viral here, and it launched a bunch of legendary Photoshops.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Don't be so hard on yourself. :laugh:

This is me defending myself most of the time.. against 10 posters at a time. :laugh:

giphy.gif

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
It was the origins of plane watching on here. Rumors the plane was circling the airport so as to buy the guys some time.

"I think about Mr. Beliveau *sobs* "

That was the peak of media and fan hysteria related to the Habs. The Darkest Day is never to be duplicated.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It was the origins of plane watching on here. Rumors the plane was circling the airport so as to buy the guys some time.

That was the peak of media and fan hysteria related to the Habs. The Darkest Day is never to be duplicated.

My first guess was the day Subban was traded. Would that be 2nd?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

I miss it. Give me more of that instead of this stale "Yes man'ism" we have today.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
My first guess was the day Subban was traded. Would that be 2nd?

That was a big one too. Hossa's gloves. Chara almost beheads Pacioretty...

On the mass EUPHORIA front, playoffs wins VS Boston nothwithstanding, the Kovalev trade was something. On the media side of things that was as excited as I heard Ron Fournier being for the time I did listen to him. And I was over the moon too, f***ing KOVALEV for Jozef Balej and a pick? Amazing. I'm still waiting for somebody to be better than him with us, and I can only now see how that will happen with either Suzuki or KK.

Last edited:

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I miss it. Give me more of that instead of this stale "Yes man'ism" we have today.

Nothing like contemporary reporting to put you THERE.

HockeyBuzz.com - - Hockey Forums Go Haywire Over Habs' Controversy

To a point I do too. I think hockey doesn't inflame passions as much as it used to here and it won't stop declining. People have other things going on, entertainment-wise, so they don't take it to heart as much as they used to, and I think that is also true for all forms of entertainment, people just spread their interest more so each thing isn't as important anymore.

Reactions: DavePeak

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Looking at the Drouin thread...

It never made sense to acquire this player. He had character issues since the beginning. Some posters mentioned he was a hothead in junior.

We lost a Top 4 LD for that.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
Looking at the Drouin thread...

It never made sense to acquire this player. He had character issues since the beginning. Some posters mentioned he was a hothead in junior.

We lost a Top 4 LD for that.
If you mean that a Top 2 is implicitly at Top 4, I agree.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Oof... that pick surprised everyone, especially a gamble for a high 2nd round pick with many other picks coming later. Some users had great vision though :laugh:

I think it was Demers. That happened a few months before I joined, but I remember the "scandal". I was working in a nightclub that was popular with many Habs players back then. I don't think the KoBros came to our place though, or not often at least.

Only found 110% so far (was Demers already in L'antichambre?):

Bonus: While searching for a Demers video on February 19th 2009, I found another video... remember this? :help:

I miss 110%. A lot of stuff was face-palming material but it always felt like something important that you had to watch. Entertaining show. L'Antichambre never got to this level because most it was just a bunch of friends agreeing with each other. Whereas 110% was a dog cage and guys were going at it.

Reactions: the

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad