Blake Wheeler

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Chuckalinsky said:
I love the name but I honestly don't know anything about him. Why are some guys high on him? Is he lighting it up somewhere?
Haven't seen him, but based on what I have read: He is a big kid who put up great numbers playing against lesser competition in Minnesota high school. Lots of potential, but lots of risk.

Prucha73

he scored 100 points in 30 games in USHSW league and he is over 6'3" tall. Other than that I don't know much.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
monster_bertuzzi said:
High school. Nuff' said.

Highschool junior.

Plus its not like there haven't been solid players taken out of the HS ranks and with the picks of Morris and Boyle the last 2 years in the 1st round its obvious teams are again looking that way.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
monster_bertuzzi said:
High school. Nuff' said.
He did everything you could ask a player to do at that level. He may only be the best player in high school hockey, but so would Ovechkin or Malkin if they were playing at that level.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
monster_bertuzzi said:
High school. Nuff' said.

Not really. It's not unprecedented that solid to great NHL players have been drafted out of the highschool ranks. Do the names Tom Barrasso, Phil Housley, and Bobby Carpenter mean anything to you?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Herby said:
Highschool junior.

Plus its not like there haven't been solid players taken out of the HS ranks and with the picks of Morris and Boyle the last 2 years in the 1st round its obvious teams are again looking that way.

It's not as if Minnesota High School hockey is the worst possible level of hockey either. Granted, it's not junior level, but it's not atrocious either. Besides, absolute domination of hockey at any reasonable level is going to get you noticed. It also helps if your huge and have alot of talent.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Nice skating, excellent frame.

High school hockey in MN is a little different than elsewhere. There are guys who've played in the NHL who still consider a state tourney win one of their best memories of hockey. Kids with talent stick around still.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Not really. It's not unprecedented that solid to great NHL players have been drafted out of the highschool ranks. Do the names Tom Barrasso, Phil Housley, and Bobby Carpenter mean anything to you?
wasnt roenick out of high school as well? he made it direct out of hs, i think. impressive.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
bleedgreen said:
wasnt roenick out of high school as well? he made it direct out of hs, i think. impressive.

Yup...he ended up playing like half the year straight out of HS, then played in the Q for half a year.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
TMHUNH said:
Yup...he ended up playing like half the year straight out of HS, then played in the Q for half a year.

He played around 25 games for Hull I believe and scored over 70 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad