Speculation: Blake Wheeler

Pididi

Feb 18, 2013
Sabres Fan here, do you think the Jets will be willing to trade Wheeler to Buffalo for Marcus Foligno and a 2nd round pick? I've been thinking that maybe with his RFA status the Jets will be looking to some offers.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, second post here on Hfboards and I'm speak french.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Sabres Fan here, do you think the Jets will be willing to trade Wheeler to Buffalo for Marcus Foligno and a 2nd round pick? I've been thinking that maybe with his RFA status the Jets will be looking to some offers.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, second post here on Hfboards and I'm speak french.

I'll be kind and suggest you add more to your offer to avoid some less than kinds responses.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Yeah, the Jats view Wheeler as a long term guy I think.

I wouldn't be thrilled about getting Foligno and a 2nd in return, but that's just my opinion. I don't want the Ladd Little Wheeler line broken up.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
There's really nobody on that team short of Vanek, Hodgson and Ennis that I would consider in a trade unless a first round pick was coming back.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Without knowing what is happening in mgmt, most people's hopes (I think) are that Wheeler is locked up long term.

If that is not possible and he needs to be traded, a much better return than Foligno and a 2nd is required.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind

Nope

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Ask yourself, why do i want Wheeler to play for "my team"? then ask yourself, why would i be willing to give up Marcus Slogino...

No, no.

No.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

the problem with these types of trades is they do actually happen in reallity. But when they happen, the team trading the big asset (wheeler) is pretty much ALWAYS dealing from a position of ridiculous depth (ie 2 rw's capable of playing on the first line, or three that can fit in the top 6 etc etc)

The jets aren't in that position. Our next best RW has one year on his contract and we have no idea how good he'll play within our team meaning our RW depth is still very VERy suspect.

so in a certain situation this may not be "terrible" value as i'm pretty sure there are some real life examples that are similar, the Jets are definitly not in that situation. The context is waaaay off.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Jets currently have zero NHL calibre right wingers signed past this upcoming season. We also lack depth on the farm and further down the system as we have no high end prospects coming up.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets currently have zero NHL calibre right wingers signed past this upcoming season. We also lack depth on the farm and further down the system as we have no high end prospects coming up.

Petan is going to play wing. Doubt he will play center at his size.

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
Wheeler has one of the highest values on the team. 40-60 pts in any given year is tough to come by despite his inconsistencies. He's likely worth Hodgson (simply b/c he's been injured often) and a 2/3 rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad