Blake Comeau

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I've never thought much of Comeau one way or the other but I've been pleasantly surprised by his contributions so far this season. I think he's shown more offensive acumen than Downie and is justifying his spot as a plug on the Malkin line. I can see what made him an effective offensive role-player for the Islanders a few years back.

What do you think of Comeau so far? Do you think he'll be relegated to the fourth line moving forward or used in some kind of middle six role?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
He's not playing like a 4th liner, that's for sure. He brings a great grit/tenacity/puck controlling player that we needed. He's a great 3rd liner so far and spot duty is fine on L2, but not a season-long solution.

Please note - it's WAAAAY to early, but I'd grade him as an A right now based on my original expectations. IF (and that's a ridiculously huge if) he keeps elevating his game, he's going to be one of those unsung heroes for us somewhere in the playoffs. I can guarantee it.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
He is about what I expected as far as talent goes, but he has more edge to his game than I thought.

Agree about it being a good signing so far.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Once Bennett's healthy, I can see this lineup clicking pretty well:

Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Dupuis-Malkin-Bennett
Comeau-Sutter-Downie
Spaling-Goc-Adams/Megna/Sill/etc.

Spaling, Dupuis, Downie, and Comeau (maybe Bennett too) could all be shuffled around into different roles to see what works best. I think there's a lot of flexibility. Salary comparisons aside, I don't really see Spaling being slotted into the top 9 over either of Downie or Comeau right now. I expected Downie to be better than an average fourth liner, but I didn't know what to expect from Comeau, and he's making me rethink some of my amateurish prognostications about the lineup. Granted, it's still very early, but he's left much more of an impression on me than Spaling so far.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Considering his production so far, and what I thought he would be, he has been an A for us so far. Expected a 4th line banger with some tenacity and some offensive capability, but has really excelled. Shouldn't be in the top 6, but once Beau is back should be great on the 3rd line. Solid pickup.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He's been a pleasant surprise. He plays physical, has a bit of skill, and can play the PK. I don't want him as a permanent solution in the top six, as he's better suited as depth scoring for the bottom six, but in a limited role he's been good.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I've never thought much of Comeau one way or the other but I've been pleasantly surprised by his contributions so far this season. I think he's shown more offensive acumen than Downie and is justifying his spot as a plug on the Malkin line. I can see what made him an effective offensive role-player for the Islanders a few years back.

What do you think of Comeau so far? Do you think he'll be relegated to the fourth line moving forward or used in some kind of middle six role?

That's how I felt when the Penguins signed him. I admit I wasn't expecting much but he's done his job nicely and knows his role on the team. He's been a solid addition to the team. No complaints from me.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
No idea how this guy was available for one year and 700k while Tanner Glass got 1.45m/per and 3 years. He does everything better than Glass ever did. He can be physical, possess the puck and chip in a goal here and there. Good job by JR signing him.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
To an extent, he brings Max Talbot to mind for me.

Way better hands than Talbot and that's to be expected, but he works very well with Malkin and it's not like Blake is some late pick that shouldn't be able to play with talented players, he's shown in the past he could, he's showing again he can.

I don't think he's a long term solution in the top 6, but hey...Pascal Dupuis found his game here, his confidence. Why not Blake? For now, I'll happily take him being a tenacious player that contributes on the score sheet. The good thing is that he's not being a leech either, he's actually working his tail off.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Wynger Wynger, playing right,
On the ice-rink, in the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful tenacity?

In what distant deeps or skies.
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what lines dare he aspire to play?
What the hand, dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder, & what art,
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand? & what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain,
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp,
Dare its deadly terrors clasp!

When the coaches drew up their lines
And Rossi water'd heaven with his tears:
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made Talbot make thee?

Wynger Wynger, playing right,
On the ice-rink, in the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful tenacity?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
big_fan.jpg

big fan

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
He's a better player now than he was for the Isles, stats be damned. More versatile.

Just be aware that he used to run hot and cold and probably still does.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
He's a better player now than he was for the Isles, stats be damned. More versatile.

Just be aware that he used to run hot and cold and probably still does.
That's an acceptable player to have in the bottom six.

BUCC4N33R

May 17, 2014
New Zealand
hes got more skill than i thought, we need another player like this to take SILL spot hes ok but hes slow as **** and has no hands, hes got grit though, he just too slow

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00