Confirmed with Link: Blake Comeau signs with Penguins (1 Year/$700k)

Malkin4Top6Wingerz

Can you like, shutup
Mar 14, 2009
I remember Comeau taking some really horrendous penalties against us in the CBJ series, but it would seem like an abberation as his overall PIM totals are on the lower side. As long as he keeps that to a minimum this would seem like a very good value signing. It's about time our 4th line has emphasized puck possession over physicality. I also like that he's shown offensive touch to the tune of 24 goals in 2011, and he didn't have a wildly overachieving shooting percentage either. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him play all over the lineup during the season, especially as injuries inevitably strike.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
-----------------Gm gl as pnts +/- Pim Shots Sh%
Adams Career 881 54 99 153 -81 639 867 6.2
ComeauCareer 422 72 92 164 -52 223 753 9.6

I take it

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I remember Comeau taking some really horrendous penalties against us in the CBJ series, but it would seem like an abberation as his overall PIM totals are on the lower side. As long as he keeps that to a minimum this would seem like a very good value signing. It's about time our 4th line has emphasized puck possession over physicality. I also like that he's shown offensive touch to the tune of 24 goals in 2011, and he didn't have a wildly overachieving shooting percentage either. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him play all over the lineup during the season, especially as injuries inevitably strike.
Of the six NHL players JR's added since Friday, Christian Ehrhoff had the most PIMs last season with 38.

We've definitely (finally) identified our taking penalties as a problem.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Goc and Comeau will be the best 4th liners in years, excluding the 2013 deadline.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It'll be nice having a 4th line that isn't trapped in its own zone 75% of the time and is lucky to get the puck over the red line.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
It'll be nice having a 4th line that isn't trapped in its own zone 75% of the time and is lucky to get the puck over the red line.

And now we'll be able to consistently clear the puck on the PK. And get some more shorties too.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007

Here's our 4th line muscle acquisition. Bear in mind Sidney Crosby once roughed Nisky up. Meaning, as it stands now, Sid is still the physically toughest player on this team (unless Bortuzzo plays). That is embarrassing.

penguins2946*

I would be pretty down with a Uher-Goc-Comeau 4th line next year, with Payerl as an extra forward and Megna playing top line minutes in the AHL.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Here's our 4th line muscle acquisition. Bear in mind Sidney Crosby once roughed Nisky up. Meaning, as it stands now, Sid is still the physically toughest player on this team (unless Bortuzzo plays). That is embarrassing.

Why would you think that?

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Damn we have a lot of guys on 1 way deals. Goc, Comeau, even Adams (hard to remember he's still here). Should be a hungry 4th line, unlike what we had in the past 2 years.

Also, Martin, Ehrhoff, MAF, Greiss - all playing for contracts. Will be some motivated players plus more flexibility next summer.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I recall some Isles fans were also predicting a 30 goal season from him following his 24 goal outburst. Hopefully he fulfills that potential with the Pens instead. :sarcasm:

Haha. I remember someone suggesting on here that we should trade Staal for Comeau at one point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad