Blais re-signed, 1 year, $1 mil

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
i like the move, blais plays hockey the right way. as long as he can stay healthy, should easily be worth this contract.

hopefully we can move Krug and Kyrou out this offseason for a nice haul and start building from there.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I like what Blais brings to the table. Hopefully he has a great, injury-free season next year and can play himself into a longer term deal here or somewhere else.

Reactions: Spicy Panger

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Love it. 2 years at roughly this AAV would have been absolutely perfect, but I understand why he wouldn't be willing to do that.

He clearly likes it here, so I wouldn't be surprised if we can work out something fair with him for 24/25 and beyond. I could see him scoring his way out of our cap plans, but I could also see him scoring enough to merit a modest AAV but decent term kind of contract to stick around in a place he likes. No matter what, I'm happy to have him here next year on a deal with essentially zero cap implications.

I genuinely enjoy watching him play and I think he's an above-replacement level bottom 6 guy. He can be a reason to watch a crap team or he can genuinely contribute to the bottom 6 of a team with playoff aspirations on a $1M deal. I like this signing no matter what direction Army steers the roster to this summer.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I would have loved another year at this AAV tacked on at the end of it. I think a 4th line of Toro/Blais/league min vet like Accari (Or Alexandrov if he grabs the role out of camp) will finally give us some solid depth - since the Steen/BBShev/Sunny days our 4th line has felt like a non-factor.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I would have loved another year at this AAV tacked on at the end of it. I think a 4th line of Toro/Blais/league min vet like Accari (Or Alexandrov if he grabs the role out of camp) will finally give us some solid depth - since the Steen/BBShev/Sunny days our 4th line has felt like a non-factor.
Keeping Acciari would have been great. Surprisingly terrific player.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I'm happy to re-sign Blais. He clearly loves playing here, and he's young enough to fit our age group. Like @BadgersandBlues said, imagine him on a line with Toropchenko and (likely; I see no reason to keep him down in the AHL next year) Alexandrov. In my honest opinion, it would be one of the better - and younger - fourth lines.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad