GDT: Blackhawks @ Wings | Mantha Scratched | Howard Starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
mantha was one of the worst players last game. but the amount of free passes the other players get is infuriating

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
That's ridiculous. Why scratch Mantha over some of our other floaters?

Fire Blashill.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Who cares that Mantha is scratched? He does need to be more consistent. We aren't making the playoffs and this will only help our tank. I don't see the big deal here.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Who cares that Mantha is scratched? He does need to be more consistent. We aren't making the playoffs and this will only help our tank. I don't see the big deal here.

Why not scratch Riley NoGoals then? At least if you're going to scratch players, be consistent and fair about it.

TNigs

60 mins of Hell
Jul 29, 2012
Hockeytown
So after that performance against Boston, Blashill singles out Mantha. :laugh: When Mantha first came up I didn't see him float at all, but lately he has been post concussion Franzen. The entire team deserves to sit, when you're last in the conference there's no reason to play Kronwall, Sheahan, or Miller, see what you have on the farm. I can't believe we as a fan base had hope for Blashill. I hope the Ilitch's figure out they just have to clean house sooner than later.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Howard's gonna have a good game because the wings allowed 6 goals last game and everyone expects 6-8 goals by the hawks lol

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
The season is lost :shrug: I don't really care who plays and who doesn't. Sure I guess i'd like to see the younger players get more time but at this point all I really care about is the draft.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Is Larkin over this "I want to become a power forward" nonsense. Stick him at center for the rest of the season. Let him get some playing time there.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Frans was also relegated to the third line due to his effort in Wednesday's game. Larkin moved up to 2C.

Blash tries so hard to be like Babcock, but unlike Babcock, Blash lacks the gravitas to get away with these kinds of moves.

Like when he benched AA and it had little to no affect on him following it, amirite?

Last edited:

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Mantha responds very well to a firm hand. He and AA both require motivation at a young age to be great players. I honestly applaud Blashill for scratching Mantha. Per NHL.com article:

"Mantha told reporters he was mad when he saw the lineup. That's good. This is even better: He talked to Blashill about it on the ice during the morning skate, and said he needed to prove Blashill wrong and be better the next few games. He said he needed to work harder, win more battles, be more intense, bring the game he brought when he first got called up."

Good. He should be mad, everyone on the team should be mad. He is the future and I think he wants to be here. I hope he turns it around and plays better because there is an opportunity shaping up the likes StevieY had in the late 80's, to return Hockeytown to Greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad