GDT: Blackhawks vs Rangers - 7:00CT, NBCSN - There’s Some History Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
8C71A60E-2C3D-4203-A2A1-C57947BE95D1.jpeg

Preview

The Rangers lost 3-1 to the Bruins on Sunday after coming off a 4 game win streak. This will be the first time Kakko and Dach play each other after being selected 2 and 3 in the 2019 NHL draft.​

Team Stats Post All-Start Break
TeamRecordGFGAPPPK
Blackhawks2-4-220274.2(lol)75.0
Rangers7-3-0302234.885.0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

:hawks

Blackhawks Leading Scorers Post ASB

Kane (2-9-11)
Saad (5-2-7)
Toews (2-4-6)
Dach (1-4-5)
Kubalik (2-2-4)

Blackhawks Projected Lines

Kubalik - Toews - Caggiula
Saad - Carpenter - Kane
DeBrincat - Dach - Strome
Highmore - Kampf - Nylander

Keith - Boqvist
Gustafsson - Murphy
Maatta - Koekkoek

Lehner
Post ASB (1-1-1)
.911SV%
3.35GAA

:rangers

Rangers Leading Scorers Post ASB
Zibanejad (7-6-13)
Kreider (6-4-10)
Panarin (3-7-10)
Buchnevich (5-4-9)
Strome (2-5-7)

Rangers Projected Lines

Kreider - Zibanejad - Buchnevich
Panarin - Strome - Fast
Giuseppe - Chytil - Kakko
Lemieux - Mckegg - Howden

Skjei - Trouba
Smith - Stall
Lindgren - Fox

Shesterkin
Post ASB (4-0-0)
.950SV%
1.80GAA

A8256CF8-6E91-4F69-92E4-60B55BCF9503.gif

945CA508-A3BA-44E2-B8F8-1317952B8267.gif

D5894ED5-14D9-473E-8CF7-5E1D924531A6.gif

Reference if you haven’t seen Point Break

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Don't wanna jump the gun here, but it's looking like there's at least a little chance that Dach ends up being better than Hughes and Kakko. That would be so amazing
Early results certainly favor Dach. He's better defensively and the overwhelming majority of his points have come at even strength, whereas Hughes, and especially Kakko, have special teams to thank for a good chunk of their points.

Kakko and Dach both have the same amount of points (with Kakko playing one more game), but Dach only has 2 PP points, while Kakko has a whopping 12 of his 17 coming from the PP. Also center>wing.

Last edited:

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Be weird seeing Bread rocking the number 10.

Also, Dach>Kakko

McKenzie: The Blackhawks trade 2025 1st, conditional 2026 1st, and John Doe for Rangers forward Artemi Panarin 50% retained.

“It looks like the Hawks are loading up for 2 runs at the cup”

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
McKenzie: The Blackhawks trade 2025 1st, conditional 2026 1st, and John Doe for Rangers forward Artemi Panarin 50% retained.

“It looks like the Hawks are loading up for 2 runs at the cup”
At least Bread would get his old number back.

Or he could keep #10 and we can pretend he's Sharpie.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
We had some great games against them around 2015. Low scoring iirc but very entertaining.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Some Rangers notes:
DeAngelo might be back in. If he is, he's almost certainly taking Smith's spot. Along with Panarin, he's also the driving force between the PP that's been like 35% since December.

Igor Shesterkin might be back in. Rangers 3 goalie situation right now is obviously kind of a conundrum. My guess would be Igor or Georgiev starts, with Lundqvist on the bench, because they trust him to step in.

Julien Gauthier is on the NHL roster. No idea if he's going straight in or not. If he does, I'd guess he replaces McKegg.

Also, on Kakko: he sucked from game 10-50, but has looked like a man reborn since the all-star break

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Wait. I'm sorry but am I reading that right? Chicago has a 4.2% pp?

It's ****ing brutal, dead last in the league (meaning worse than the historically bad Red Wings)

Saying they're like chickens running around with their heads cut off would be an insult to the chickens.

That said, NHL.com has them listed at 14% for the season, but I'm almost certain that post ASB number is correct. Matches the eye test.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's ****ing brutal, dead last in the league (meaning worse than the historically bad Red Wings)

Saying they're like chickens running around with their heads cut off would be an insult to the chickens.

That said, NHL.com has them listed at 14% for the season, but I'm almost certain that post ASB number is correct. Matches the eye test.
Chickens actually move around when their heads are cut off.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Let's go through the usual pre-game Hawks questions:

1.Full 60? Of course not!...These are the Blackhawks after all.

2.PP improvement? Of course not! same reason...etc...etc.

3.Total Buy-in and urgency? Nope...by mowcyou are getti g the picture.

4.Lehner stand on his head? Nope...not with trade picture still unresolved in choice between hom and CC...affecting his play.

5.Hawks get puck luck like in Calgary?Probably not...This is in the hands of the hockey gods ...but looking at the seadonto date THEY have not favouredvthe Hawks that often..so why should this one buck the pattern?

6.Will Panatin outscore Kane?Maybe but he will not be the big star of the game..Probably bet on either Kreider or tge Bog Z for MYR... IF Hawks win probably will be so.eone like Nykander ...certain ly not going to be Toews Kanebor Saad ..be wise after all this IS almost the final nail in the coffin/throw in the towel determinant game..so do not expect our highest paid "stars" to actually "star"...

7.If Hawks do pull out a win it probably comes after 2 blown leads in OT or Shoot-out in the :phoney game".

If NYR wins it probably is a big thrashing score like 5-2 for them.

Sorry to be a downer.. but just too many flaws of deficiencies in talent ,sustained work ethic, urgency, and leadership by example.

Until these flaws are corrected it is a tall order to expect thus team to beat any team that really shows up for a game with abundant want .
Maybe this is a rare night Hawks show up with such want and get rewarded for it...but such instances have been so rare this seaso that the odds are not great we get THAT Hawks team tonight...probable just the usual suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia