Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks Training Camp - Roster released/Cam Barker invited

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Dahlbeck is a good skater. Johns looked good. Svedberg has a pretty week slapper. Carey was noticeable. So was Labrie for his hits.

Those were my takeaways pretty much.

I was keeping a close eye on Johns and Svedberg all night - Daklbeck I didn't notice much, but in the good way you don't notice hjalmarsson much. Johns was making a transition pass and Bickell tried to put him down. Johns made the pass, stood up straight, and suddenly Bickell was on his back. Really liked that. Johns actually made more than one really nice outlet pass- was expecting that to be part of his game so a very pleasant surprise indeed.

Svedberg skates really well for a big guy - not afraid to handle the puck in the offensive zone either. He had a couple of neat moves. Shot not good, but if he can develop his pass he may become a PP2 option one day.

Morin and Kruger looked great. Carey was also noticeable - but not always for good reasons. Was not impressed by his shot, and he seemed to be making things happen on the ice, some good some bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad