Blackhawks that are in the 2016 World Cup

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The whole team Europe/NA concept has me not caring about this

Previous world cups I had mild interest and would watch some of the games (I loved 96)

But this latest gimmick has me not interested

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm just looking at it as offseason hockey. I'll be hungry for hockey, and it could be fun, so I'll watch it. Highly doubt I'd give even 1/10th the interest into it as I do for the Olympics, though.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
How can you not be excited about this setup?

There is no way a Slovakia, Switzerland, Latvia, etc teams will come close to medals on their own, so it makes complete sense to mash them up together.

As for the young guys team, I think that team can be crazy good, with shotty goaltending.

I threw together a young stars team, just to see what it would roughly look like.

Saad McDavid Nugent Hopkins
Huberdeau MacKinnon R Strome
Eichel Monahan Gaudreau
Galchekyuk Couturier Horvat
Bennett

HM
Marner
D Strome
Scheifele
Nieto
Jenner
Drouin

Hamilton Jones
Trouba Ekblad
Reilly Severson
Hanafin

HM
Ceci
Murray
Dumba

G
John Gibson
M Subban
Skapski

Couldn't think of many goalies in NA that will be under 23, but I could have forgot some.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
other than making Money:

Why is it stupid to have the best Players on the ice - healthy - and ready to go?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
other than making Money:

Why is it stupid to have the best Players on the ice - healthy - and ready to go?

Yeah, this isn't going to be some all-star game. This will be like Olympic hockey. Not sure why some aren't liking the idea of it. They won't be fooling around out there.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I don't care for the format, but it will be an improvement over preseason hockey.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But unlike Chiarelli ...Stanbo will have not one of his own players to even consider putting on this yute squad of NAs. ...what does that say? Not even 1 from the Chicago system....on the other hand TT is a lock to be 9n team Finland and Dano might make Team Europe if he has a good season this year (unless they want to put too many old Geezers from Slovakia on that squad instead....I mean what if like Sharp did last year,Hossa falls off the cliff this year while Dano climbs to the summit? SURELY Team Europe would pick the best available talent...not a fading vet based on his former glories?

In any event,Blackhawks fans will have no one to to cheer for on Team North America...so we might as well wish them a rough time ...conversely we will have players on Team Canada and Team USA (well...if Kane is not in the slammer if traded) and on Team Russia ,Team Sedan and Team Finland and Team Europe(maybe).

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
But unlike Chiarelli ...Stanbo will have not one of his own players to even consider putting on this yute squad of NAs. ...what does that say? ).
Absolutely nothing.

And luckily for Chiarelli, he got gifted the next best kid. Not like he drafted him out of nowhere.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
I will ignore this event completly, "Team Europe" means nothing to me.I know that Slovakia, Latvia etc probably would not play medal games but who cares if there are max. 2-3 teams with real chance for gold.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
This doesn't interest me. I'd prefer being the underdog and trying to beat the favored Canadians, than riding their coattails to a win. No thanks.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Same here. I have no interest in a competition supposed to crown the best country when not all teams are countries. And when USA and Canada won't have access to all their players because the youngsters will have to play for another team.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I enjoy them, I never frankly cared about country rooting interest in Olympics either, I just like watching the games and seeing great players you see & those not over in the NHL you don't often see playing great hockey games.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I just feel like... the NHL cares a ton about this, but not one of the players does.

You don't get to create a championship out of thin air and claim it's equivalent to an Olympic Championship, which has been around forever and means something to people who aren't even that familiar with the specific sport.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Exactly. This seems like such an artificial tournament designed for the NHL to remove themselves from the control of Olympic Hockey and profit from their own thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad