Rumor: Blackhawks targeting Matt Duchene

TheHardTruth*

Jun 22, 2015
The premise of your 50 point argument is based on sticking your head in the sand and ignoring a little bit of basic common sense. If everyone accepted your haphazard logic when it came to the lockout season, then apparently every player in the league really, really sucked that year. It was a rare occasion that season, rather self-obviously, so employing a little bit of basic nuance and realizing that, reasonably, we can call that a 60+ point calibre season from Duchene is not remotely unfair.

Regarding last season, I don't think projecting one extra point is remotely unfair or dishonest. You are arguing technicalities simply because you can. Projecting one measly point, of course, means that you can't count that season as a '50 point season', so instead you toss basic common sense out the window in favour of refusing to budge from your stance. Trying to argue with someone who thinks it is unreasonable to project 1 extra point over a missed 6 games is utterly ridiculous.

If that's the type of inane logic you want to subscribe to, knock yourself out. A modicum of common sense is not remotely ridiculous, it's something any reasonably intelligent individual should be capable of understanding, but so far it appears lost on you. Oh, and incidentally, projections aren't guesses, they are based on using simple math, which is based on numbers. Did you not know that?

Using sound logic based on actual facts (the numbers) isn't inane at all. It's called sound logic, and i hope that you would have heard about it.

If you want to start projecting "extra" points for players then you're making a slippery slope argument since that same argument could be made for any player.

Why not project a few extra points for Kane and give him 150 ? You see how that works?

Your counter argument has no legs to stand on since you keep making projections based on guesses. Projections are based on math up to the point that its not a 100% guaranteed to happen. Projections are not accepted as fact since they're not always 100% accurate. You're taking assumptions and passing them as facts.

You also seem to have abandoned common sense in the hope that i would accept your flawed argument and move on.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Using sound logic based on actual facts (the numbers) isn't inane at all. It's called sound logic, and i hope that you would have heard about it.

If you want to start projecting "extra" points for players then you're making a slippery slope argument since that same argument could be made for any player.

Why not project a few extra points for Kane and give him 150 ? You see how that works?

Your counter argument has no legs to stand on since you keep making projections based on guesses. Projections are based on math up to the point that its not a 100% guaranteed to happen. Projections are not accepted as fact since they're not always 100% accurate. You're taking assumptions and passing them as facts.

You also seem to have abandoned common sense in the hope that i would accept your flawed argument and move on.

Because an NHL season is 82 games, and at no point in his career can you project Patrick Kane's numbers up to 82 games that would result in him having 150 points. That might just be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this site.

With that beauty you are quite obviously just baiting me, or...well, I can't say it, but I think smashing my head into the wall would be more fruitful at this point in time. If you want to live in a world of technicalities in which projecting 1 extra point over a missed 6 games is unfair, then I really don't know what to tell you. Good luck.

H a w k s*

May 18, 2012
Sharks fan here, if any GM would refuse to trade Hjalmarsson for Duchene straight up, he should be fired.

Agreed points are the only thing that matter. Give me Taylor hall/Mike green over a bum like Bergeron/hjallmerson

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Who's the better player?
Player A - 50 points 50 GP
Player B - 51 points 82 GP

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
How is he a 65 point player when he's reached 60+ points twice in 7 years?

He's a consistent 50ish point player until he starts to consistently have 60+ point seasons. After 7 years his track record pretty much says what he is. The stats don't lie.

Since other arguments don't seem to be doing much I figured this will probably be the easiest thing to convince you:

536GP - 406P = 0.757PPG

0.757PPG x 82G(Season) = 62P

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
So you don't watch the hawks, we get it. No, trading a number 1 dman isn't worth duchene.

Hjalmarsson is too old anyway. Colorado needs to target someone 20-23 years old. The Avs and Blackhawks make terrible trading partners. Why does this thread exist?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If only they didn't force So many Chicago games, on the rest of the country

Yup. I haven't watched a nationally broadcasted Hawks game since they lost to the pacific division all stars about an hour ago.

H a w k s*

May 18, 2012
Hjalmarsson is too old anyway. Colorado needs to target someone 20-23 years old. The Avs and Blackhawks make terrible trading partners. Why does this thread exist?

Top end defensemen especially at that age don't get traded for guys like duchene.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Top end defensemen especially at that age don't get traded for guys like duchene.

Hjalmarsson isnt a top end defensemen. He is a damn good one but he isnt a top end defensemen. Both Seabrook and Keith play more minutes than Hjalmarsson and he is 57th in icetime among defenders in the NHL. He has had bad CF% rel pretty much every year in the NHL. He is a very good defensive defensemen but he isnt close to beeing a top end defensemen. He is a decent #2 defensemen or a very good #3 defensemen. Take Keith out of Chicagos lineup and put Hjalmarsson in his spot and Chicago has 0 cups.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Duchene has had 60+ twice and that was in the 2010-2011 season and more recently in 2013-2014.

Duchene is a 50ish point player since thats what his stats usually are.

It's silly to say that he's anything more than a good winger / center. He's not elite or great, and i hope people aren't implying that a 50sh point player is now the new "elite" level for NHL players.

Calling him a 50ish point player implies he scores about 50 points a year. Which is totally incorrect. Because, as I said, his lowest total in a complete year is 55.

thedoughboy

Feb 22, 2015
Tinyest of the fifty
If only they didn't force So many Chicago games, on the rest of the country

Yet people are still ignorant about some of their players :laugh:

Gl;hf with that one. It exists because its a rumour, on a board that is pure speculation

Seth Jones

Hjalmarsson isnt a top end defensemen. He is a damn good one but he isnt a top end defensemen. Both Seabrook and Keith play more minutes than Hjalmarsson and he is 57th in icetime among defenders in the NHL. He has had bad CF% rel pretty much every year in the NHL. He is a very good defensive defensemen but he isnt close to beeing a top end defensemen. He is a decent #2 defensemen or a very good #3 defensemen. Take Keith out of Chicagos lineup and put Hjalmarsson in his spot and Chicago has 0 cups.

Sure, though Hjammer has the highest DZS% of the three, highest short handed toi of the three. Hjammer is a great #2, and has been great in a couple stints when seabrook and keith have been out or one is nursing injuries

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Sure seems to be a bunch of crabby people in this thread, so allow me to balance that out a little bit ...

Duchene-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Hinostroza-Kero-Hartman
Schmaltz-Kruger-Panik

Keith-Hjalmarsson
Campbell-Seabrook
Kempny-TvR

Crawford
Darling.

Yeah ... that raises the happy quotient. You're welcome. :)

jsalz16

Feb 21, 2010
How many 20-23 year old top tier defensemen are traded for 26 year old centers. Seth Jones is the only one and he was on a team with Weber, Josi, ekholm and Ellis
Or you could ask how many times a 26year old C who lead the team in scoring 3 of the last 4 years was traded for a #2/3 dman. Said centerman was named to 2 Olympic teams and a world Cup team on the toughest roster to Crack in the world.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Just imagine for a second...take out salary cap issues etc...and imagine...the Blackhawks center depth...

Duchene
Toews
Anisimov
Kruger

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
So you don't watch the hawks, we get it. No, trading a number 1 dman isn't worth duchene.

Well, I have a question. When did Hjalmarsson become a #1? I always knew he was good and a really good top-4 guy. Has his play been that much better that he now could be considered a #1? I know offense isn't everything but a I feel a #1 should be able to put up more than 12 points in 50 games...

PlietscherDassel

Dec 3, 2009
Toews for Duchene and the Avs somehow win 3 cups during the next 6 years would be a funny storyline considering the amount of people obsessed with Toews and some completely irrelevant player rankings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad