Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks sign Garret Ross to 3-year ELC

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Is there a reason that a guy that has 44 goals, 46 assists, a 1.475 PPG pace thus far, and plays with toughness/agitation isn't getting more attention?

Largely because he's an over-ager playing against a lot of kids. He's 20, turning 21 next month, playing against largely 16-18 year olds. It's not discrediting him at all, it's just giving it some perspective. I'm excited to have him and see what he can do, but you have to take that into perspective when analyzing the stats of an over-ager.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Danault and McNeill hardly made much impact in their Rockford stints so far..in fact neither was used in the last game...indicating the coach thinks others on the roster are betyer than them now...hardly encouraging nut you can use the older is better excuse and by that logoc Ross ought to make more impact than those 2 overhyped kids...but of course they sere first round talents"..but Ross despite his much lower round selection is older and so should handle the vets in the AHL better than those 2 have...sort of like what Shaw did in the Ahl..anyway right mow Ross is a better hockey player than either pf thode 2...more advanced towardsbeing pro ready...we will find out ig mu perception is true or not. ..it eillbe if he cancontribute more production than Danault or McNeill have and thud "earn" a lasging spot in the icehoh's lindup rather than riding the pines...

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Interesting...so the 3 year ELC starts next season then, eh?

That's how some will do it with ELCs...sign late in the season (following their season with the amateur team) and just sign an ATO with the minor league affiliate and play there for the rest of the season. I don't think that deal kicks in until '13-14.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
So Danault and McNeill hardly made much impact in their Rockford stints so far..in fact neither was used in the last game...indicating the coach thinks others on the roster are betyer than them now...hardly encouraging nut you can use the older is better excuse and by that logoc Ross ought to make more impact than those 2 overhyped kids...but of course they sere first round talents"..but Ross despite his much lower round selection is older and so should handle the vets in the AHL better than those 2 have...sort of like what Shaw did in the Ahl..anyway right mow Ross is a better hockey player than either pf thode 2...more advanced towardsbeing pro ready...we will find out ig mu perception is true or not. ..it eillbe if he cancontribute more production than Danault or McNeill have and thud "earn" a lasging spot in the icehoh's lindup rather than riding the pines...

I believe McNeill and Danault were rested in the last game, because they have played a lot of hockey lately. I stopped reading after that statement.

RomersWorld*

Makes more sense because Ross is a 20 year old he would lose a year off the contract, I believe. This way he can play for Rockford and will still have 3 years of ELC contract left. Hawks might be impressed with him and think he could contribute like Shaw at a cheap price.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Excited to see what he's got, if he turns out as a 4th line energy guy it will have been a great pick.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Awesome!
Shaw got the best of him, but it was a decent tilt.

I just love seeing the toughness that both of these kids have in them.

Very similar players with Ross with the higher ceiling offensively, but both are very capable 3-4 line players for this team for the next few years. Teams win games when you have guys like this in your bottom 6 working their tails off and chipping in offensively.

Ross will be a pleasent surprise for many and a fan favorite when he gets here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad