Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks sign Garret Ross to 3-year ELC

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC

Nothingman*

So he must be the 50th contract we opened a slot for..

We were left wanting more than a 5th rounder signing. Oh well. Means we will be moving prospects this trade deadline. We basically have to!

LandofLincoln*

I think he'll be better than Shaw, worse than Bolland

Worse than Bolland. Ok. which Bolland? The 2010 Bolland and the 2013 Bolland are different players.

I'd rather have Shaw 2013 than Bolland 2013.

Dave Bolland has had a nice career in Chicago. It's ok that he didn't graduate into the top 6 forward position that was given him.

I would rather have guys like Morin, Ross, Shaw, Kruger & Danault playing for 1/3rd of the cost. Bolland is worth his contract, but has lost a step from the cup year. I would rather get new guys to fill the 3rd center role.

I have no problem with Bolland not being on the team next year.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
here we go!! dude is a solid player with a ton of heart and grit...damn happy to have him.

I've never seen him play but it kills me when arm chair GM's dismiss a teenage hockey player, because of his draft position, size etc.... Perhaps some of you need to be reminded that some players (especially smaller ones) who don't even get drafted out of junior, make the NHL. Martin St. Louis being a prime example.

bcspirit

Jan 10, 2013
North America
I've never seen him play but it kills me when arm chair GM's dismiss a teenage hockey player, because of his draft position, size etc.... Perhaps some of you need to be reminded that some players (especially smaller ones) who don't even get drafted out of junior, make the NHL. Martin St. Louis being a prime example.

I have watched him develop over the last four years and I think you will be happy with what you are getting. Works hard vastly underrated hands and some real grit with good puck posession in the dirty areas and coming out of the corners and along the boards. His development was side tracked due to a knee injury he suffered early in his career at the hands of one Zac Rinaldo and having to learn to control his emotions and not drop the gloves so quickly. He has a great shot that is very accurate and is a great penalty killer who can play center or wing and sees the ice well enough to set his linemates up for great opportunities. Give him a chance and he will show you that as a fifth round pick he is a steal.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

First, Garret Ross isn't small. He's basically 6'0" and roughly 185-190lbs.

Second, weren't you one of many to dismiss Kruger last year?

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012

He's not a teenager. I know how to project him to the pro level as well as I knew how to project Shaw...I have no freaking clue.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Probably because he will be joining the Hogs playoff race.

He could have signed an ATO with Rockford.

In the end, it doesn't matter much. Although, if the ELC is slated to start this year, he could be recalled by Chicago. I don't see why they'd do that, but I can't find the details of the contract so it's possible.

Hawkscap

Jan 22, 2007
We were left wanting more than a 5th rounder signing. Oh well. Means we will be moving prospects this trade deadline. We basically have to!

More likely, they won't be signing a bunch of RFA/UFA .
Richards, Hutton Lavin and possibly Lalonde in Rockford.

In Chicago, Mayers and the two buyouts Olesz and Montador will probably be gone.

The worrisome part is Johns. Can't sign him until July 1st but he might be staying for his senior year.

Nothingman*

More likely, they won't be signing a bunch of RFA/UFA .
Richards, Hutton Lavin and possibly Lalonde in Rockford.

In Chicago, Mayers and the two buyouts Olesz and Montador will probably be gone.

The worrisome part is Johns. Can't sign him until July 1st but he might be staying for his senior year.

And one or both of Stalberg and Bickell will be gone as well. There will be spots in Chicago available next year for sure.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Is there a reason that a guy that has 44 goals, 46 assists, a 1.475 PPG pace thus far, and plays with toughness/agitation isn't getting more attention?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad