Speculation: Blackhawks RFA's

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Perlini and Quenneville are back per Bowman.
I'd imagine Kampf will be as well.
I think they'll qualify but seek trades for Forsling and Sikura. If they can't trade them, they'll walk away in arbitration.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
Perlini and Quenneville are back per Bowman.
I'd imagine Kampf will be as well.
I think they'll qualify but seek trades for Forsling and Sikura. If they can't trade them, they'll walk away in arbitration.
I believe Bowman said they were working on a contract with Sikura.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
Yes but we can still qualify him to keep rights if that was what Hawks wanted to do thinking he would try to come back in future
I was thinking he’d get a shot before a lot of guys at the beginning of the season just by having that relationship with Coliton. So my assumption is that nothing he did impressed enough for a call up. I can’t see him having much of an NHL career at this point and especially with Chicago.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Re-signed:
David Kampf
Brendan Perlini
Dylan Sikura
John Quenneville

Traded (or attempt to trade):
Gustav Forsling

Gone:
Victor Ejdsell
Spencer Watson
Anton Forsberg

50/50:
Anthony Louis
Blake Hillman

Banished from Illinois:
Luke Johnson

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
David Kampf
Brendan Perlini
Dylan Sikuara

Anthony Louis
Victor Ejdsell
Luke Johhnson
John Quenneville

Spencer Watson
Gustav Forsling
Blake Hillman
Anton Forsberg

Players in bold are re-signed. Louis and Johnson are likely just guys to fill out Rockford, but the organization needs those types of players there, so they'll get brought back.

Most of the others will be on the Hawks come October, with the possible exception of Forsling. I like Forsling, but with the amount of defenders we currently have, Bowman will have to make a choice there. If we can get some decent value (2nd?) for Forsling, I think he's re-signed then traded. If teams aren't interested, he'll likely be here and we'll just waive/trade one or both of Dahlstrom Koekkoek.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Forsling is the only one who I have no idea what they're gonna do there (and maybe Hillman since he hasn't been long in the org).

Perlini, Sikura, Kampf are likely back and they will qualify Quenneville. The rest are likely gone (couple of good soldiers there in Rockford in Louis and Johnson. I wish them the best if they do leave).

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
According to Scott Powers most recent article.

Anthony Louis, Blake Hillman, and Spencer Watson will not receive a qualifying offer.
Gustav Forsling, and Anton Forsberg will, but where they play next season is up in the air.
Edjsell will, but will be playing over seas.
Kampf, Perlini, Quenneville, and Sikura have received QOs, but will work out a deal with the Hawks.
Unclear on Luke Johnson, but would be surprised if he didn't receive his.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Surprised a bit by Hillman not getting one. Maybe it's a numbers game for him on the back end with Rockford. Louis is a mild shock. But lots of young forwards starting their elc's this year. Watson none what so ever.
Forsling and Forsberg should net low round picks. Edjsell still worth waiting on. Johnson would be surprising just from the fact he would seem like a good option to take over the "C" in Rockford.
Kampf,Perlini,Sikura and Q are easy decisions.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Louis sorta surprises me because he has been productive for Hogs and with Edjsell + Holland going back to Europe I would think Hogs would need a guy like Louis on roster

Honestly wanted to see him get a look from Hawks these past 2 seasons

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I gotta believe they see Kampf as the Hawks 4C for the next few years.
He's very well suited for the role.

Reactions: d rake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad