Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks part ways with Marc Crawford and Rob Cookson

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
You're not sure if King is the guy for that? Lol. He's absolutely not the guy for that. Rockford IMPROVED when he got "promoted" to coach the Blackhawks. Let that sink in. If he cannot be that guy in Rockford, he absolutely cannot be that guy in Chicago.
Was speaking conservatively. I don't disagree with your point.

If all keeping King offers is a higher pick next year, then don't bring him back. We shouldn't rot for another year. Start building now, starting with a coach who can provide solid input into the future of this team, help young guys grow, and establish a positive culture.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Ok, I'll bite. Why are you such a big fan of Quinn?
I've answered this many times now, but it largely comes down to him being a good communicator in conjunction with his body of work.

Look at all the young talent he has helped develop. It's an impressive list, and all of those guys give him a lot of credit.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
DAVID QUINN
I think he’d fit here well. Helped rebuild that Rangers team and develop them. As long as we don’t rush prospects (which it sounds like Davidson is very opposed to doing), I think he’d be a really good coach for us.

What about Montgomery? Assuming is past issue is resolved.
Wouldn’t hate that either. I think he could be solid too. Ultimately, not some dinosaur coach like Vigneault and get someone who can help develop young talent and I’ll be happy.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
quinn or monty are much better options than King...

Stan f***ed us over again when he did not sign Gallant within 24 hours after his stint with Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad