Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
BBE03375-25CF-4198-97C7-7BA76C95886B.jpeg

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I thought both Cookson and Crawfords' contracts were up but apparently Crawford still had a year left.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Davidson has already said they aren't rushing things with the coaching decision and that they'd allow King to be interviewed for it when the time comes later this summer. Firing him now would go against that.

Reactions: Giovi

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Davidson has already said they aren't rushing things with the coaching decision and that they'd allow King to be interviewed for it when the time comes later this summer. Firing him now would go against that.
LOL, even allowing him to interview for the job is a major mistake IMO

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I would say the writing is on the wall for King. Out of respect for him jumping in as interim coach, no reason to say he won't be back. Let them do their interviews etc, we all know it won't be him, all they will need to announce is who the next head coach will be and thank King for his time here as well when that happens next few weeks.

feichter33

Mar 25, 2013
Yea, no surprise. We need a professional. I appreciate King but this was a development chance for him too. With the torch being passed to someone else it is only logical for them to install a new bench crew.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
We are already paying for King, it will be King.

Same dance we had with Davidson.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
What is the ideal type of coach you'd want on your team when you're doing a tear down rebuild?

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I think you bring in a HC who can provide valuable input to Davidson and one who can develop young players.

Not sure if King is the guy for that. Doesn't make sense to throw away a whole year just for slightly higher draft picks, IMO.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think you bring in a HC who can provide valuable input to Davidson and one who can develop young players.

Not sure if King is the guy for that. Doesn't make sense to throw away a whole year just for slightly higher draft picks, IMO.

You're not sure if King is the guy for that? Lol. He's absolutely not the guy for that. Rockford IMPROVED when he got "promoted" to coach the Blackhawks. Let that sink in. If he cannot be that guy in Rockford, he absolutely cannot be that guy in Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad