GDT: Blackhawks @ Oilers Qualifying Round: Game 1 @ Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta 1pm MT, 3pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
High danger chances 6-4 for the Hawks 5v5. Almost 60% Corsi.

We're trying to play a skill game but we are outskilled. Thing is we have a solid 25 lbs and 2 inches on the hawks. We should be throwing our f***ing weight around. But we aren't. I havn't seen us put a shoulder down and drive the net once. f***ing joke.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
While smith screwed up multiple times, you arent gonna win many games looking like this. Period.
EeXQia0XoAANR8E.jpeg.jpg

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Now we need to win 3 of 4 against a club we haven't played overly well against all season.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Should be a wake up call for Oilers players coaches and especially the fans.

Curb the opponent bashing until the team actually performs

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
What an absolute shit sandwich and buzzkill. NHL doesn't deserve to have Edmonton as the hub. Instead we get to watch a league darling bullshit their way into the "playoffs"

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Looking at that 05-06 team, these Oilers have like an 8th of that team's depth. They don't even have the same depth as the 16-17 Oilers.

If they weren't good enough then, what chance does this team have now.

It's a scary truth that people choose to ignore, in case they might be labeled as a bad fan.

It's why Holland's goal at the start was to be a contender in 2-3 years. He knows what's up.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We're trying to play a skill game but we are outskilled. Thing is we have a solid 25 lbs and 2 inches on the hawks. We should be throwing our f***ing weight around. But we aren't. I havn't seen us put a shoulder down and drive the net once. f***ing joke.
Yep. Unless the Oilers completely change their game going into the next one, it's going to be a very easy sweep for Chicago.

Nothing in this game has given me even a glimmer of hope outside the powerplay, but our penalty kills has been so absolute garbage that it doesn't even matter.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
If Koskinen starts it's a close game as I'd say 2 goals were on Smith. Of course that's assuming Koskinen doesn't let in a softie. Adjust the lines and play at evens likely improves too.

Reactions: ElysiumAB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad