GDT: Blackhawks @ Jets 11/21/2013 [7:00 PM - LIVE ON CSN-CH RADIO: WGN 720]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian05

Jul 3, 2011
@NHLBlackhawks
Marian Hossa might play tonight in Winnipeg, Q said. :handclap:

@NHLBlackhawks
Coach Q on @WGNRadio just now said Bryan Bickell (lower body) will be out a couple weeks.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Crawford has already been confirmed anyways.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 5m

Looks like Corey Crawford gets the start tonight for the #Blackhawks. Guessing Q wants him to get right back on the horse after being pulled

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Q might be downplaying Bickell's injury...

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 57m

Hearing it's a fairly significant left knee injury for #Blackhawks' Bryan Bickell. He's back in Chicago and is expected to be out weeks.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
God damn, what does it take for Crawford to get a break? He's had to play in every single game going back to the last time we played Tampa.

I get the "get back on the horse" mentality, but we're about to face some very tough opponents on this road trip. The Jets are not one of them.

Nothingman*

I thought this would be a good game to get Raanta in and Craw am extended rest. Guess not.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Am I the only one who was reminded of Stamkos when Bickell was hurt? Something looked to bend back funny on that play. Not surprised if he misses serious time.

Was my exact first thought, too, but thankfully didn't look nearly as bad and Bicks' prognosis certainly sounds a lot better, too.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Handzus coming back scares me a little, especially with the way Pirri's been shifted around lately.

Well, the good news is if Q sticks him on the 2nd line I don't think it will be very hard to see Pirri fits there much better while Pirri's still on the roster.

But then again, it's Q.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
anyone think that Q is just playing crawford today to try and secure that first win on the road tonight. i cant really think of another reason that raanta wouldnt be in net.

SLarmer28*

Glad Hossa is back! Not sure how i feel bout Zues coming back though.... As long as Q doesn't stick him back in the top 6..
Once Handzus is back in the lineup, Coach Q will request Stan Bowman to have Brandon Pirri sent down. Coach Q would rather have Sheldon Brookbank play forward than either Brandon Pirri or Jeremy Morin.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ which is understandable, given the schedule coming up. That said, I would have been mighty tempted to started Raanta tonight. It’s a tough call.
Q said after last game that Crawford and Raanta were “okay” and we all know what that means in Q speak. He likely felt that CC needed to stop at least one of the 3 that got by him and Raanta needed to make a big save on the 4th goal but didn’t. If he had, he’d likely be in tonight. He’ll go Sunday me thinks and perhaps even Wednesday as well if he wins Sunday.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, I'm not even going to try to understand this decision, better work, that's all I have to say. Crawford has looked fatigued for the last week to 10 days.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
A shutout would be nice for a change considering we haven't had one yet.

IDC how many goals are scored tonight, the defense is what's important right now. Goal scoring isn't an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad