GDT: Blackhawks @ Devils - 6:00CT, NHLN NBCSCH+ - 1st vs 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Being honest...it was an atrocious game...a yawned.. no urgency by either team.. a parity battlevof botton-ferders.. Hawks had 50-50 chance in the phoney games( (the 3x3 OT and the skills completion shoot-out.. also phiny)...We won by a sliver again..just lijevin Boston...but thise extra points could have gone thevother way...Realky not impressed by the Hawks tonight ...hockey was not worth the price of admission to watch these 2 lousy teams.. So you are surprised we had such a close game with clearly the League's worst team.. but this shows how close we are to them in poirxexecutions..lack of will and want and plain old lousiness..It looked lijecHawks were punching a clock ...nobody wantibgvit bad or having any fun..waiting for a break . THE OT "effort" may have been even worse than the real game. THAT lo g first shift where Hawks did not touch the puck and could not change was okayed as if Hawks trying not to waste any energy trying to get the puck..justcdefend then wait for a break may e to go the other way...which never came on that shift ...it was a horrible way to play an OT and JC should be ashamed if he tolerates it...you do not wait for the eve n phonier shoot-out..itvis as if thexHawks were scared to go all out I case they got trapped dep andxcaughtviba transition and lose the extra point...rather they seemed co tent to pkay forca shoot-out 50-50 cancel of luck in getting mire past Blackwoidvin the shills gamecwith no defenders andctovtrust row could save just 1 more than the NK goalie...it worked that way. It it is a horrible example of not wanting by going out early in OT and just beating him Then ...tgTvis how tge OTcwas designed for ..to exciyexfans..instead Hawksvpkayedxas ifvto just get it over so they could try their luck in a 1 against goalie skills may h..
So that if they lose the Shoot-out nobody can really blame them as everyone knowsvitvis justxac50-50 blind luck what tge fates decree that night.

To me The OT usxa phony game..butcat least itvis a game ...the shoot-out is a real farce ...it is not hockey but strictkyva skills event ...fans may love the excitement of the shout-out..but then they realize how lousy the real games before it were.that even though the Hawksxwon the shoot-out ...what went before ..was horrible Hawks hockey...and that certainly is not anything satisfying by picking up another phoniestcof the phoney points.

This game shows a lot about the Hawks ...cannot produce a good game vs. the doormats every other team feasts on...such that we start thinking ..."my gosh..we are nearly as bad as that team is '..and that is a horror realization..a jolt of reality.

Hawks played a stinker team and stunk themselves. Normaly hou expect even 2 teams fighting forc a pick in the top 3 or top 5 to make tons of mistakes and produce an exciting contest in the real game (first 3 periods)..but nope.. a yawner of epic proportion with no Entertainment value as both teams displayed neither urgency nor want..but even worse..neither was very competent in making plays finishing ..both teams actualky LOOKED like the bottom feeders they actually are= where is the talent?I could not see any...maybe NJ does not charge much to get a seat..but nobody got their imoney's worth because no stars were starring..the hockey was more brutally bad and ineffective that the BEAUTIFUL sport it can be when played by 2 competent teams with actual talent .

This was the kind of game you gladly go away from your tv to go for a bathroom break or a snack in the kitchen and not bother hurrying back...cause you knew you would not be missing much.

It was a stinker game between 2 stinker teams and neither put on much show even at a stinker level.

No doubt these teams deserve a top 5 pre-lotto slot= the worst examples of how not to play NHL hockey and thenthey foist this off on the paying customers who attend the games or watch on tv.

You will get more enjoyment from watching schmaltzy ,sugary Christmas Romance chick flicks ...

No hockey fan could get excitment or much joy from watching his sort of what Bettman is passing off was "must watch" entertainment.Not really a sports contest...rather something you had to endure for 60 minutes. Endure again in a boring OT ..and endure for just a brief fraction of the total time invested in the phoniest of all phoney events the "glorious" shoot-out where the attitude of players is not "watch me..I want to win it" but more"if I beat the goalie,great..but if not = no big deal,they cannot blame me,because everyone knows it is a crap-shoot witb just a 50-50 outcome...some nights I get the luck...other noghts the goalie beats me I this situation.. so what do I care how well I try to beat him?"
Sone mights you win these. Some nights you lose..but fate/luck determines the result...as a average reversion to some mean.. And so over many of these phoney shoot-outs it eventually will turn on your luck if you have a few wins in these in a row.We all know this.So if players do not really care. and if some are so ludicrously incompetent in this skill(what is Strome for instance coming in so slow in his apoaroch to the net..we all know this usually fails...you must come in with speed and give the goalie no time to react and read your "moves")...does JC not teach them proper shoot-out skills such that they never come in that slow again?
Fans can almost tell now if the player will it will not beat the goalie well before the shot or deke is made.

In any case...SO lose the SO ..no big deal...secured a loser point anyway...so not a
real loss ...OR so we won the SO= no big deal...happy to take the extra point ..but maybe it will go the other way next time.

What kind of sport s this?

So sure we're thrilled we got the extra point..but really not that satisfied..because we know our team stunk out there..and that against better teams tgatctry harder and have more talent than NJ,if our Hawks stink like this....it will be more long nights of pure defeat.

So happy..abit we got the extra point again..but NOT HAPPY with how ourcteM played and knowing that even IF by a miracle we make a playoff spot,of we pkay thusxwYvagaibat a good playoff team,we will not last long in any series with such a team.

So grading this game:

Entertainment value=F

Happy Procurement fro thecwinin thr SO= C

Overall Fan Contentment= D

Please tell Gary...this ain't the best tge product can be ...tell him he has to do better with the state of the fame orc lse give fans a refund or a freebie prize for enduring this fissc fiasco of horrible hockey= a true waste of time. There was a result ,a winner of 2 points and a loser of the glorious extra point ...BUT really ...there was no contest contested..Justc2 losrf squads content to get a point and willing gvtobacceptcan extra point if theirvlick prevailed in the SO 50-50 match.

SOUR . .GARY ..even if my team came out with 2 points for this "show".

NOT GOOD HOCKEY ...youvwill lose fans ,Gary if too manybofctgese stinker games keep happening.
Parity? even amongst the League's worst? MAYBE .. but who cares?
We want to see the sport played with passion,competence,and star talent starring...NOT this potent pile of P *SS thatxwe sawxfron the 2 teams tonight.

Fans will no longer care .Do something about it Gary!

Cut the back to backs...Cut the NMCs promoting "security laziness and inside energy performances" Cut the schedukevby 10 games..... allowing better rested players and more actualnpractice time so that they can...tou know...learn to shoot better...and have more energy to get more shots off.. and play more enthusiastically.

Will you do that,Gary?

Of course you will not budge on these items ..

So we have to endure more stinkers like this.
But we will get tired of that,Gary.

And then the Revenues will stagnate or decline as fans lose interest.

Too many stinkers pikilingbip over 82,Gary. .Too many for fan comfort,capiche?

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
It's always weird when you're involved in a crazy stupid conversation here and think "nothing can be as off the rails as whatever the hell this has become" and then Fiddy posts and all of a sudden that conversation you had seems totally rationale.

cant even try. To much drinking to comprehend what he’s saying

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Being honest...it was an atrocious game...a yawned.. no urgency by either team.. a parity battlevof botton-ferders.. Hawks had 50-50 chance in the phoney games( (the 3x3 OT and the skills completion shoot-out.. also phiny)...We won by a sliver again..just lijevin Boston...but thise extra points could have gone thevother way...Realky not impressed by the Hawks tonight ...hockey was not worth the price of admission to watch these 2 lousy teams.. So you are surprised we had such a close game with clearly the League's worst team.. but this shows how close we are to them in poirxexecutions..lack of will and want and plain old lousiness..It looked lijecHawks were punching a clock ...nobody wantibgvit bad or having any fun..waiting for a break . THE OT "effort" may have been even worse than the real game. THAT lo g first shift where Hawks did not touch the puck and could not change was okayed as if Hawks trying not to waste any energy trying to get the puck..justcdefend then wait for a break may e to go the other way...which never came on that shift ...it was a horrible way to play an OT and JC should be ashamed if he tolerates it...you do not wait for the eve n phonier shoot-out..itvis as if thexHawks were scared to go all out I case they got trapped dep andxcaughtviba transition and lose the extra point...rather they seemed co tent to pkay forca shoot-out 50-50 cancel of luck in getting mire past Blackwoidvin the shills gamecwith no defenders andctovtrust row could save just 1 more than the NK goalie...it worked that way. It it is a horrible example of not wanting by going out early in OT and just beating him Then ...tgTvis how tge OTcwas designed for ..to exciyexfans..instead Hawksvpkayedxas ifvto just get it over so they could try their luck in a 1 against goalie skills may h..
So that if they lose the Shoot-out nobody can really blame them as everyone knowsvitvis justxac50-50 blind luck what tge fates decree that night.

To me The OT usxa phony game..butcat least itvis a game ...the shoot-out is a real farce ...it is not hockey but strictkyva skills event ...fans may love the excitement of the shout-out..but then they realize how lousy the real games before it were.that even though the Hawksxwon the shoot-out ...what went before ..was horrible Hawks hockey...and that certainly is not anything satisfying by picking up another phoniestcof the phoney points.

This game shows a lot about the Hawks ...cannot produce a good game vs. the doormats every other team feasts on...such that we start thinking ..."my gosh..we are nearly as bad as that team is '..and that is a horror realization..a jolt of reality.

Hawks played a stinker team and stunk themselves. Normaly hou expect even 2 teams fighting forc a pick in the top 3 or top 5 to make tons of mistakes and produce an exciting contest in the real game (first 3 periods)..but nope.. a yawner of epic proportion with no Entertainment value as both teams displayed neither urgency nor want..but even worse..neither was very competent in making plays finishing ..both teams actualky LOOKED like the bottom feeders they actually are= where is the talent?I could not see any...maybe NJ does not charge much to get a seat..but nobody got their imoney's worth because no stars were starring..the hockey was more brutally bad and ineffective that the BEAUTIFUL sport it can be when played by 2 competent teams with actual talent .

This was the kind of game you gladly go away from your tv to go for a bathroom break or a snack in the kitchen and not bother hurrying back...cause you knew you would not be missing much.

It was a stinker game between 2 stinker teams and neither put on much show even at a stinker level.

No doubt these teams deserve a top 5 pre-lotto slot= the worst examples of how not to play NHL hockey and thenthey foist this off on the paying customers who attend the games or watch on tv.

You will get more enjoyment from watching schmaltzy ,sugary Christmas Romance chick flicks ...

No hockey fan could get excitment or much joy from watching his sort of what Bettman is passing off was "must watch" entertainment.Not really a sports contest...rather something you had to endure for 60 minutes. Endure again in a boring OT ..and endure for just a brief fraction of the total time invested in the phoniest of all phoney events the "glorious" shoot-out where the attitude of players is not "watch me..I want to win it" but more"if I beat the goalie,great..but if not = no big deal,they cannot blame me,because everyone knows it is a crap-shoot witb just a 50-50 outcome...some nights I get the luck...other noghts the goalie beats me I this situation.. so what do I care how well I try to beat him?"
Sone mights you win these. Some nights you lose..but fate/luck determines the result...as a average reversion to some mean.. And so over many of these phoney shoot-outs it eventually will turn on your luck if you have a few wins in these in a row.We all know this.So if players do not really care. and if some are so ludicrously incompetent in this skill(what is Strome for instance coming in so slow in his apoaroch to the net..we all know this usually fails...you must come in with speed and give the goalie no time to react and read your "moves")...does JC not teach them proper shoot-out skills such that they never come in that slow again?
Fans can almost tell now if the player will it will not beat the goalie well before the shot or deke is made.

In any case...SO lose the SO ..no big deal...secured a loser point anyway...so not a
real loss ...OR so we won the SO= no big deal...happy to take the extra point ..but maybe it will go the other way next time.

What kind of sport s this?

So sure we're thrilled we got the extra point..but really not that satisfied..because we know our team stunk out there..and that against better teams tgatctry harder and have more talent than NJ,if our Hawks stink like this....it will be more long nights of pure defeat.

So happy..abit we got the extra point again..but NOT HAPPY with how ourcteM played and knowing that even IF by a miracle we make a playoff spot,of we pkay thusxwYvagaibat a good playoff team,we will not last long in any series with such a team.

So grading this game:

Entertainment value=F

Happy Procurement fro thecwinin thr SO= C

Overall Fan Contentment= D

Please tell Gary...this ain't the best tge product can be ...tell him he has to do better with the state of the fame orc lse give fans a refund or a freebie prize for enduring this fissc fiasco of horrible hockey= a true waste of time. There was a result ,a winner of 2 points and a loser of the glorious extra point ...BUT really ...there was no contest contested..Justc2 losrf squads content to get a point and willing gvtobacceptcan extra point if theirvlick prevailed in the SO 50-50 match.

SOUR . .GARY ..even if my team came out with 2 points for this "show".

NOT GOOD HOCKEY ...youvwill lose fans ,Gary if too manybofctgese stinker games keep happening.
Parity? even amongst the League's worst? MAYBE .. but who cares?
We want to see the sport played with passion,competence,and star talent starring...NOT this potent pile of P *SS thatxwe sawxfron the 2 teams tonight.

Fans will no longer care .Do something about it Gary!

Cut the back to backs...Cut the NMCs promoting "security laziness and inside energy performances" Cut the schedukevby 10 games..... allowing better rested players and more actualnpractice time so that they can...tou know...learn to shoot better...and have more energy to get more shots off.. and play more enthusiastically.

Will you do that,Gary?

Of course you will not budge on these items ..

So we have to endure more stinkers like this.
But we will get tired of that,Gary.

And then the Revenues will stagnate or decline as fans lose interest.

Too many stinkers pikilingbip over 82,Gary. .Too many for fan comfort,capiche?

Can you condense this into 3 sentences for me please? A sentence is a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses

Reactions: coolhand and Pez68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad