Pre-Game Talk: Blackhawks at Wings, Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeemuS

Feb 13, 2013
I'm all for being optimistic but you could head the Red Wings PR staff.

Boston, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Anaheim. Hell, Carolina has been playing some pretty good hockey so **** they might be better than the Red Wings RIGHT NOW.

MOD Boston? they don't even have D :D Again big score lost for them. Maybe Habs are better, but bruins aren't. And neither Pitt is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Why are people so focused on making it black and white?

We need to be better at getting that extra point, in the shootout or overtime. We lost in overtime against New York but stole a point and we lost against Montreal because we could only score one goal and quit skating once the Datsyuk goal was called back. We also failed to beat a team in regulation/overtime who is going to have one of the worst seasons in recent history. Those are issues that need to be fixed. I want to see the Red Wings of the first few games, not the most recent ones.

I think we can all agree with the bolded.

I don't think I'm making it anymore black and white than those saying we have 7 wins and 8 losses. I agree that they need to a better job of getting the extra point, but when evaluating the strength of the team I feel that it is misleading to say we have 7 wins and 8 losses when 3 of those losses came in the shootout, a skills competition. Losing those shootouts gives us no indication as to whether or not they would lose those games in a continuous 5-on-5 OT format, which is all that matters. We might have still lost them all, or we might have won them all. I think we would have beat Buffalo at the very least.

All I'm saying is that, unless those shootout points cost us a playoff spot obviously, I'm not really too concerned with them in the long-run. The extra points would certainly be nice, better playoff seeding and all that, but at the end of the day you have to beat 4 good teams 4 times each. The East is a crapshoot anyways. The team that won the East last year isn't even in a playoff spot right now.

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I'm all for being optimistic but you could head the Red Wings PR staff.

Boston, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, Anaheim. Hell, Carolina has been playing some pretty good hockey so **** they might be better than the Red Wings RIGHT NOW.

Holy hyperbole Batman. That's such a gross exaggeration it isn't even funny.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Why should you? No difference in the outcome, two points either way. Opposite to losing in OT and gaining a point more than in regulation.

If one can say the SO is a bogus way to lose a game and proves nothing then certainly they would say the oppossite, that the SO is a bogus way too win a game and proves nothing.

It has to be both ways unless one only views things through the lense of their own arguement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad