Pre-Game Talk: Blackhawks at Wings, Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xvash2

Jul 8, 2010
Hopefully a good opponent will cause the Wings to show up on time.

Or, we'll half ass the first period and go down 2 goals, one by Smith and one by Toews. Then we'll spend the rest of the game clawing back, only to lose 4-3 in overtime.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Thinking back on the game vs. TBL it is a little scary. The Wings played fine but the Lightning were that much better. Quicker, sharper passes, winning most of the 50/50 battles. We STOLE that extra point.

Just watched the Rangers kick the crap out of Pittsburgh, 5-0. NY is another good looking team that even though early must be considered a threat. Folks want to claim the Red Wings are contenders already but I think we have a lot to prove. We are going to have to fight tooth and nail to make the playoffs, our division alone is proving to be super competitive. Detroit is gonna have to be sharp, every game counts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Both teams will be fairly rested. It would be nice if both Datsyuk and Nyquist could have a big game.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Games against the Hawks are usually great, exciting, end to end, good old fashioned rivalry games.

That we usually lose by a single goal, or in OT.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
We beat them in the shootout last year. Guess who had the SO winner?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
All I've heard was that they hope/expect that he'll play this weekend, whether that be Friday or Sunday.

When it comes to Datsyuk and being a game time decision, I've learned to expect the worse and hope for the best.

Actual Thought*

I expect the Wings will step up for the "measuring stick" game though I expect a slow start due to the time off. I will take Detroit in a close one 4-2 with the 4th being an empty netter.
Zetterberg
Franzen
Sheehan
Smith

KrakAttack

Mar 27, 2014
SeaTac, WA
Games against the Hawks are usually great, exciting, end to end, good old fashioned rivalry games.

That we usually lose by a single goal, or in OT.

December 30, 2011 Chicago Blackhawks Away 2-3 L
January 8, 2012 Chicago Blackhawks Away 3-2 W OT
January 14, 2012 Chicago Blackhawks Home 3-2 W OT
February 21, 2012 Chicago Blackhawks Away 1-2 L
March 4, 2012 Chicago Blackhawks Home 1-2 L
April 7, 2012 Chicago Blackhawks Home 2-3 L SO
January 27, 2013 Chicago Blackhawks Away 1-2 L OT
March 3, 2013 Chicago Blackhawks Home 1-2 L SO
March 31, 2013 Chicago Blackhawks Home 1-7 L
April 12, 2013 Chicago Blackhawks Away 2-3 L SO

January 22, 2014 Chicago Blackhawks Home 5-4 W SO
March 16, 2014 Chicago Blackhawks Away 1-4 L

Pretty much spot on analysis, and the ones that weren't one goal games were not very pretty.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Walleye practicing at JLA this morning, so should get practice lines later in the day.

Hopefully 3rd line has changed.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Let's get another OTL here boys!!!

I hate these monstrous breaks, but on the bright side had we had a game tonight or yesterday, Datsyuk wouldn't have played, so I guess its nice to have this break with Dats currently injured. Let's hope he can go 10 games next time before the next injury.

T Low

Oct 18, 2008
This Red Wing team simply doesn't have enough talent. They rely on a super high level of intensity to win, a level that has proven to be unsustainable.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
First game after 4 days off against chi. Howard will suck. We get worked by like 3-4 goals. Will say 5-2 hawks.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
This Red Wing team simply doesn't have enough talent. They rely on a super high level of intensity to win, a level that has proven to be unsustainable.

Proven? Nothing has been "proven" 15 games into the season, unless you consider Calgary a "proven" playoff team or Voracek a "proven" 100 point scorer.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Proven? Nothing has been "proven" 15 games into the season, unless you consider Calgary a "proven" playoff team or Voracek a "proven" 100 point scorer.
Eh.

Not much has changed from this team personnel-wise from last year. That's a pretty good chunk of games by which to judge the talent. Some of them are making strides, but at this point anyway I don't think it's correct to say they have the talent to match up with the top teams in the league.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Eh.

Not much has changed from this team personnel-wise from last year. That's a pretty good chunk of games by which to judge the talent. Some of them are making strides, but at this point anyway I don't think it's correct to say they have the talent to match up with the top teams in the league.

Developing talent takes time. I highly doubt that Sheahan, Tatar, and Jurco are going to be producing at the rate they are for the entirety of the season. They've played several top teams in the league already this season and have looked good, even great, doing so. Every team is going to have ups and downs throughout the season and everyone always overreacts to both extremes.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
@AnsarKhanMLive
Cleary. Weiss, Nestrasil skating in gray jerseys usually worn by players who'll be scratched. Could mean that Jurco is back in lineup.

:yo:

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
@AnsarKhanMLive
Cleary. Weiss, Nestrasil skating in gray jerseys usually worn by players who'll be scratched. Could mean that Jurco is back in lineup.

:yo:

Good news. Jurco needs to be playing either here or in GR. Him being scratched doesn't help anything

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m2 minutes ago
Jurco skating on line with Datsyuk and Abdelkader.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m2 minutes ago
Other lines: Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen, Tatar-Sheahan-Helm, Miller-Glendening-Andersson.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Developing talent takes time. I highly doubt that Sheahan, Tatar, and Jurco are going to be producing at the rate they are for the entirety of the season. They've played several top teams in the league already this season and have looked good, even great, doing so. Every team is going to have ups and downs throughout the season and everyone always overreacts to both extremes.

That doesn't really dispute what I said. Yes, those players might turn into fantastic talents given time. But as of NOW, they just aren't. They're still developing. AT THIS POINT, we lack the talent.

We've looked great against some good teams. We've also looked terrible against some very bad teams. We lost to the Sabres if you can remember, a bottom feeder if there ever was one. It all points to a team that's just okay and not up there with the top teams in the league.

I didn't know where else to put this piece on Weiss

Weiss has appeared in only one game this season, back on Oct. 18, after playing in just 26 games last season. As a result, he's especially excited to get back onto the ice.

"Physically, I'm ready to play," Weiss said. "I've only had two practices, so it will be nice to get a couple practices in next week. It's out of my hands after that.

"Pretty antsy. The last setback was really tough to take."

Weiss still could be sent to the Red Wings' AHL affiliate in Grand Rapids in order to work on his conditioning, which could be an issue for him considering his lengthy absence this season.

Just in case some of you aren't sick of this back and forth crap with Weiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad