Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

FXZB04MWIAAzdtz

Reactions: d rake

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I mean again, King is a pretty likeable guy, but I thought he was a pretty bad coach. Better than Colliton, but Colliton was awful. I don't think any of these coaches will be around the next time the Hawks are any good but they better develop the players correctly.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
All this tells me is that King was having trouble finding work outside of the Blackhawks org. It was either be an assistant coach for the Hawks or Shift Manager at a Tim Horton's or Harvey's.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I mean again, King is a pretty likeable guy, but I thought he was a pretty bad coach. Better than Colliton, but Colliton was awful. I don't think any of these coaches will be around the next time the Hawks are any good but they better develop the players correctly.

Pretty bad head coach. He just seems like a better fit as an assistant.

I don't mind this move at all. King will help the morale of the group through these lean times. As far as the development of any players, hopefully it won't matter much. Hopefully Davidson (and it sounds like this is the case) has learned that the NHL is not a development league. Obviously, players don't stop developing once they get to the NHL but the goal shouldn't be to throw players like Dach or Mitchell or in the future, guys like Reichel, Nazar, Korchinski to the wolves and let them figure it out in the NHL. We want our young players to show they're more than ready for the league. There are going to be ups and downs but if it's mostly downs, they're clearly not ready.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
On the bright side any of the young guys he might have an impact on next year I think he’s already coached, so shouldn’t do any harm to any of the recent draftees.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Derek King, WTF? Why do we want or need this pylon behind the bench again? :laugh::laugh:
Might as well hire Colliton as another assistant & Stanley as Asst GM. This org man, speechless. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
As long as King does not have any say in lineup construction, line changes etc. to Richardson then I don't care that he's an assistant.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
As long as King does not have any say in lineup construction, line changes etc. to Richardson then I don't care that he's an assistant.
Probably put in charge of PP. A PP that will not have Cat, Dach, Kubalik or Strome and maybe not Kane. Come to think of it, who the heck will be on it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad