Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks agree to terms with Brad Winchester

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Don't you think it's a stretch to assume all of Pirri, Morin and Smith will make the Hawks?

I think it is a big stretch, personally, especially the assumption that Smith is a lock... however, it's an ideal time to go with a youth movement and give these players a legitimate shot (without the pre-judging we often see from Q).

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Who else is going to make the team?

I could see one of LeBlanc, Danault, or possibly Beach surprising. But I definitely see 2 of Pirri, Morin, Smith and Hayes making it, more than likely 3 of them.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I think it is a big stretch, personally, especially the assumption that Smith is a lock... however, it's an ideal time to go with a youth movement and give these players a legitimate shot (without the pre-judging we often see from Q).

Smith has a one-way contract and is no longer waiver-exempt. He'll be on the team.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
yep, last year when Smith signed his contract it was seen as 1 last AHL year with the 2nd year getting called up.

Same with Stanton. That's why I don't see Brookbank getting moved. Next year when his contract ends, he'll get replaced by Stanton

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
good depth signing, another solid vet to help bring along the kids...and if we are in some kind of pinch he can play 4th line minutes for us for a brief stretch..

not complaining about any of the depth moves that Bowman is making. He truly does want to build from within and by doing that you have to teach these kids how to win and how to be professionals, no better way to do that then sign players who have played in the NHL and can mentor and help teach the youth.

About time they are taking the AHL serious and I applaud them and Bowman for it. We have to start having our kids play meaningful games in the AHL (playoffs), they need to be breed winners and not be a part of suck ass teams.

Hopefully this year depending on how many kids make the big squad, we should make the playoffs.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
The guy can stay healthy, I like that. Makes sense with the departures on the 50 contract limit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad