Movies: Black Panther

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
OK two questions.. because this is all interesting to me and I don't normally follow it as closely as I have started to...

1) What sites do you use for the $$ info? (earlier, I was basing mine off of box office mojo but based on the name alone I imagine its probably not the best resource for this type of news)

2) What do you guys mean by double featuring? (newb question, but like I said, I'm no expert in this field - just recently took interest) I'm assuming you mean showing the movies together one after the other?
Box Office Mojo is the premiere resource in terms of raw data and numbers. Being able to compare and track films against each other and the access to any historical data imaginable is a handy resource.

In terms of discussion, I recommend The Box Office Theory — Forums. Very active and knowledgeable community with a couple industry insiders who share their insight/predictions.

And yeah, you've got it with regard to double features.

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
And yeah, you've got it with regard to double features.

Funny... buddy of mine was telling me about Black Panther being shown after IW at this popular Drive-In theatre about 1.5 hrs away from me. I though it was crazy they'd show both, thats like 5 hours in your car...

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Just recently went to go see this. Maybe I was expecting much after hearing all the rave reviews but to me the movie was mediocre. Almost seemed rushed to get the story in before Infinity War

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Funny... buddy of mine was telling me about Black Panther being shown after IW at this popular Drive-In theatre about 1.5 hrs away from me. I though it was crazy they'd show both, thats like 5 hours in your car...

There's a drive in near me that I try to go to annually. They'd do three movies in a row occasionally. I can do two tops before I'm beat.

Regarding box office sites, as said, mojo is the best. But, also interesting is the various trade sites that have a lot of box office analysis and predictions. Deadline, Variety and Forbes all have a lot.

If you're really into it, there's a site called hsx.com, which is an online virtual stock market game based on box office. I play it off and on for years. It's a fun way to predict the box office.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Seeing this finally today was a huge mistake after seeing Infinity War. This is a top tier Marvel flick, but I’m so messed up from IW. So if you haven’t seen Black Panther or IW do yourself a favor and watch Panther first.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Seeing this finally today was a huge mistake after seeing Infinity War. This is a top tier Marvel flick, but I’m so messed up from IW. So if you haven’t seen Black Panther or IW do yourself a favor and watch Panther first.

Agreed, it is a very good movie, but I am glad that I saw BP first.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

How big is the back seat? I'm pretty sure that people over 50 may have done a few things other than watch movies at Drive Inns :lol:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad